Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Best Meat Church rub for butt?

I’ve only ever used generic brands and I’ve just now started looking in to Meat Church for my rubs. What do you all use on your butts?

Comments

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 8,962
    Just curious why you're limiting yourself just to the Meat Church brand?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    Nothing wrong with Meat Church rubs. I picked up Deez Nuts this afternoon for my pulled pork. Lots of other great brands as well. 

I also like their Holy Cow, Honey Hog, and Honey Hog Hot. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrillerRebGrillerReb Posts: 11
    edited June 10
    WeberWho said:
    I never said I was limiting myself to only that brand.. I simply asked what people preferred for a butt as I was interested in trying Meat Church…
    WeberWho said:
    I never said I was limiting myself to only that brand.. I simply asked what people preferred for a butt as I was interested in trying Meat Church…
    Hard to go wrong with the bulk bag combo. 

Minnesota
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,559
    Maybe something not too salty.
    I do not have any broken or spare parts for any size egg.
  • CornfedMACornfedMA Posts: 426
    I usually use a mix of honey hog and honey hog hot, depending on the crowd. 
  • My vote is for Honey Hog Hot. A pork butt is a big piece of meat. It would be difficult to over season from the outside, i.e. a rub. I would also highly recommend Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust. (the dude that owns it, and I would assume created the rub, is a forum member) @Nature Boy
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 4,740
    I like the combo Cowtown Squel, Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust & Swamp Venom
    aka marysvilleksegghead, moved to Basehor,KS 2/26/2021
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009

Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'

Bob Hope:

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

• txhawkeyetxhawkeye Posts: 271
    Holy Voodoo is one of my favorites from Meat Church.