Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heating up brisket

Options
Cooked whole brisket yesterday! Wrapped at 165, took off at 192! Put in cooler overnight! Do I slice it cold, or leave it wrapped and put back on BGE to reheat?

Best Answers

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @lkapigian says slice it cold - then reheat.  I may do the same tomorrow.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is just the wife and I but I always get a 17 to 20 pound brisket. When it is done and cooled off we cut it into meal size portions for us. When we want to have some for dinner the wife takes a chunk out and puts it in the crockpot with some broth and heats it up. I then slice it for our dinner. Crockpot does a perfect job heating it up for a meal!

Answers

• Foghorn
    Options
    I should have mentioned that you’ll want to have some beef fat and/or broth in the pan when you reheat to keep it from drying out.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Alternatively, put it in a ziplock bag with some beef broth and drop in to a pot of 165 F water 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Rabbitthedawg
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!  Brisket turned out perfectly!  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    That’s great to hear.  Congrats. 

San Antonio, TX

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I just warmed some up in a frying pan. Sliced cold, put into a hot pan. The untrimmed fat melted and created oil in the pan. 30-60s per side and bingo.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    Keep piece of meat cold, cut off slices as you need for meals.

Honestly, 15 seconds in the microwave ... incredibly juicy ... 
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!