Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

King Salmon Filets

Options
dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
Simple cook. Seasoned with Tsunami Spin and brushed on Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce. 25 minutes at 350. 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Love salmon and need to eat it more often.
    Beautiful pictures 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Looks perfect.  

I cooked salmon on my Egg once for a friend, and really just got lucky with how well it turned out.  I mean it’s always really good, but this was home run type good.  The next day he went out and bought a Large BGE for himself, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    One of my favorite cooks on the egg.  I wish I had a sound supply of good salmon, and cedar.  I miss living in Oregon!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • teamunited33
    Options
    Honesty I havent been able to distinguish a difference when cooking salmon with/without a cedar plank other than the effort to soak the plank, but ease of getting it on/off the grill.  Definitely will be trying a sweet chili glaze though in the near future!
    Lakeville, MN
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Great cook.

@teamunited33, I find that with a plank and cooking at a lower temp, I am less likely to overcook the salmon than when I cook direct - larger margin of error if you will.  But that's just me protecting myself from me...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Anyone have a good line on where to buy king salmon preferably frozen and mail ordered?
    Mountain View, CA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Anyone have a good line on where to buy king salmon preferably frozen and mail ordered?

https://sitkasalmonshares.com/

NOLA