Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Church & Gas Monkey Garage

WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,008
I just noticed this was posted on YouTube for anyone interested...

https://youtu.be/eUeMoU-HUHQ
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited April 2021
    Matt Pittman reminds me of a NASCAR. Milking every endorsement deal he can. It's a good thing his products are excellent and he probably has the coolest outdoor cooking space I've ever seen besides wait for it........Guy Fieri

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Matt Pittman reminds me of a NASCAR. Milking every endorsement deal he can. It's a good thing his products are excellent.
    He used to come and hang out here and sling his rubs then he got big time.  Isn’t he the one with the infamous “clumpy” rub?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Matt Pittman reminds me of a NASCAR. Milking every endorsement deal he can. It's a good thing his products are excellent and he probably has the coolest outdoor cooking space I've ever seen.
    And he found the perfect partner with Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey.  Ever seen anyone promote bad beer as much as Richard.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    edited April 2021
    U_tarded said:
    Matt Pittman reminds me of a NASCAR. Milking every endorsement deal he can. It's a good thing his products are excellent.
    He used to come and hang out here and sling his rubs then he got big time.  Isn’t he the one with the infamous “clumpy” rub?
    +1. I believe he was strictly BGE and an active forum member here. Traeger came and scooped him up and put a wad of cash in his back pocket. His BGE's disappeared from his classes shortly after.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Photo Egg said:
    Matt Pittman reminds me of a NASCAR. Milking every endorsement deal he can. It's a good thing his products are excellent and he probably has the coolest outdoor cooking space I've ever seen.
    And he found the perfect partner with Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey.  Ever seen anyone promote bad beer as much as Richard.
    Wait, that's considered beer?  ;)

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited April 2021
    WeberWho said:
    U_tarded said:
    +1. I believe he was strictly BGE and an active forum member here. I believe Traeger came and scooped him up and put a wad of cash in his back pocket and his BGE's disappeared from his classes. 
    Ya Traeger, Yeti, Miller, Thermoworks, Academy, Deutsche bank, Pricewaterhousecoopers, Ford, and probably Aunt Annie's Pretzels. Next he will probably start endorsing Life Alert or something.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    WeberWho said:
    U_tarded said:
    +1. I believe he was strictly BGE and an active forum member here. I believe Traeger came and scooped him up and put a wad of cash in his back pocket and his BGE's disappeared from his classes. 
    Ya Traeger, Yeti, Miller, Thermoworks, Academy, Deutsche bank, Pricewaterhousecoopers, Ford, and probably Aunt Annie's Pretzels. Next he will probably start endorsing Life Alert or something.
    I think he needs a bass boat endorsement too 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Rubs only clump in the canisters, not in the zip pouch bags. I like what he offers regardless of who his sponsors are. Rawlings is sometimes humorous, his car builds are reality entertainment much like American Chopper or Deadliest Catch. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Photo Egg said:
    Don’t knock the gold top. You gotta stay hydrated between bourbons. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg said:
    Good point. I keep Coors Light around for yard work.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    WeberWho said:
    Traeger came and scooped him up and put a wad of cash in his back pocket. His BGE's disappeared from his classes shortly after.
    It’s amazing what a little money will do 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Photo Egg said:
    SmokeyPitt said:
    I accidentally picked this stuff up (didn't have my reading glasses and thought it was orange-flavored) and I've found nothing that quenches your thirst better.

I don't like grapefruit, I don't care for Hefe's, but this stuff quenches.   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Photo Egg
    Botch said:
    Photo Egg said:
    SmokeyPitt said:
    I accidentally picked this stuff up (didn't have my reading glasses and thought it was orange-flavored) and I've found nothing that quenches your thirst better.

Never seen this before but saved photo to remind me to look.
     Thanks 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Dude is getting to make a living off BBQ.  More power to him.  I’d be happy to use a Traeger too for a fee,  and dang, I’m having to spend my own cash on Yeti products.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Botch said:
    Photo Egg said:
    SmokeyPitt said:

OH Geez! I LOVE grapefruit juice! If I can’t find that beer product even in my community known for its German  heritage then maybe I’ll just try to add grapefruit to a beer brand I like and test test and test until I like the taste or get sh*t faced! I mean....isn’t that the way new products are derived? LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Matt was on BBQ Pitmasters a couple weeks back, with a BGE in the background. Could’ve been a repeat, but I was psyched to see him and the egg. (Even tho he came in 3rd.)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    @Botch @RRP Brewdog do a grapefuit IPA, picture below. Grapefruit hefeweizen sounds great, it's common to put a bit of lemon in a helles hefeweizen in Germany, so why not grapefruit.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Sam Adams makes a grapefruit IPA.  It may/may not be more readily available then some others.  FWIW I think it's very good.
    Also like their cherry wheat brew.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    I like Meat Church products.    I use Holy Gospel on baby backs from time to time.    

As far as Grapefruit IPA, here in Texas we have a great brewery called Saint Arnold, they make a Winter IPA that incorporates grapefruit...it's delicious.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas