Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday 4/16- Zoom/Speakeasy opens ~ 9 PM (EDT)- Check it out!

Options
Pay a visit.  No cover charge. You will enjoy yourself however long you visit.  Social distancing is a given. Beverage(s) of your choice.  
Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits.
Upfront thanks to @JohnInCarolina (aka The Chairman) for enabling this to happen.
Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
Password is unchanged since inception almost 12 months ago and will be gladly provided, just ask. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    Gary if you really want to see video of naked men I think we can point you in the direction of Google and the internetz.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    🤣😂

Options
    curious question . . . how would a newbie to this know who is who ie: are the forum members names displayed with video window?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Since I'm here, you all need to do some advance planning and calendar clearing.  Here's the deal-Friday 4/23 marks the 52 week (one year for the clock on Saturday) anniversary of the Zoom/Speakeasy sessions as a great venue to deal with all the covid restrictions.
    The 4/23 event offers an opportunity for all who have graced the lounge over the past year to drop in and offer any comments.  Kinda like a celebrity awards show message B)
    Perspective will be much appreciated.  
    Thanks in advance for making next week's Zoom/Speakeasy memorable.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    curious question . . . how would a newbie to this know who is who ie: are the forum members names displayed with video window?
    You can make the name that shows up read whatever you like.  So most attendees choose their forum names.  I change mine a bit, from JIC to AIC, but nobody pays attention to me anyway.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    You can make the name that shows up read whatever you like.  So most attendees choose their forum names.  I change mine a bit, from JIC to AIC, but nobody pays attention to me anyway.
    except that you're ruining the forum.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    AIC.... Something-hole In Charge?
    Options
    Look at the big brain on Nola...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Since you are mostly in abscentia, I just wanted to clarify that it could also just be "A".

Options
    Since you are mostly in abscentia, I just wanted to clarify that it could also just be "A".

You’re just angry that last time you were on, I changed your screen name to “Ask me about treatments for genital warts”
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Yes, @loco_engr, many of us put our forum name and our first name on the Zoom.  It seems like an appropriate courtesy move.  I know I appreciate it when others do it.   Since I use Zoom a lot for work, I'm not labeled that way when I arrive to the watering hole because I don't go by "Foghorn" at work - but I change it shortly after arrival as do most of us.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    Doors open-no reservation required.   Tip jar empty :)  Come on down.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Victory has been declared.  A great time as always.  Thanks to all who dropped in.  Entertaining conversation across many topics.  You should check it out some time (Next week marks the one-year anniversary; mark it on your calendar.)  
    Thanks to the Chairman for enabling this to happen.
    Clean up complete-everything restocked and social distancing a given.
    See all at the one year anniversary session next Friday 4/23.
    Stay healthy and safe out there. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Glad I was able to hop on last night and catch @Florida Grillin Girl (Faith).  I hope you have a blast today, @lousubcap.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Thanks @JohnInCarolina and all the others who wished the same last night.  Weather totally sux-rain and T'storms rolling thru now but "you can only get so wet."  And I'm not worried about hair styling!  Heading out shortly to help with the final preps.  
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @lousubcap - Have some crawfish for me!! 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini