Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Saved A Rib Cook From Disaster

Did a little rib demo at my son’s store Saturday and forgot to bring the ceramic heat deflector for the CGS adjustable rig.  Talk about scrambling to make it work.  Wound up using a ceramic disk from a round primo.  It only allowed about 1/4” of air flow around the fire ring so I put a flame boss on it and ran with the top vent wide open.  Ran at 250 and ribs came out perfect and finished up on time.  I have a few more gray hairs today after calling that audible.

Southeast Louisiana
2 Larges, 1 XL, Rockin W Smokers gravity fed unit
Go Tigahas!!!

Comments

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 5,736
    glad it worked out well all looks awesome 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 23,661
    Way to improvise.  Great result right there!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,798
    Ribs as they should be!
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,699
    Well played.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX