Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Safe prep

Options
2»

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I cook for friends and family a LOT.   My biggest fear is getting someone sick.  I use gloves and change them like a neurotic raccoon washes his food.  I may be a "little" lax with beef, but chicken and pork Nope Nadda Not going to risk that at all.  Change gloves, it doesn't to on my cutting board and any utensils used on raw food gets put in the dish washer and fresh ones come out.  I understand I'm OCD with my cooking, but it makes me rest easier when I take a plate to someone that may be recovering from an illness. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I cook for friends and family a LOT.   My biggest fear is getting someone sick.  I use gloves and change them like a neurotic raccoon washes his food.  I may be a "little" lax with beef, but chicken and pork Nope Nadda Not going to risk that at all.  Change gloves, it doesn't to on my cutting board and any utensils used on raw food gets put in the dish washer and fresh ones come out.  I understand I'm OCD with my cooking, but it makes me rest easier when I take a plate to someone that may be recovering from an illness. 
    What's so dangerous about pork?  I get chicken.
    Options
    And there is a way to load the fridge 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    My mother died when she was 102.5 years old. Never wore gloves, never used multiple tongs or other cooking tools and never washed her hands between handling. Not that I ever noticed anyway. Good enough for me!
    That is quite an achievement.  She saw a lot of change here in her time on this planet.  

But, geez man... how old are you?
    @JohnInCarolina, I'm 73. Mom was born on 4 July 1916, married my dad in April 1946 shortly after he returned from WW2. I was born in Oct '47. And yeah, I'd say she saw a change or two.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut