Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought my 3rd Egg!

Options
Added a minimax egg to the family!  Have an XL,L, and now the MM 😂

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Outstanding.  Show us some cooks on it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Excellent choice. It'll pay for itself in lump savings for smaller cooks (ish).
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Congrats!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    Great pick up! I mostly cook for 2 and the MM is the go to for convenience as well as being a lump miser.  Enjoy!
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Egghead_Ty
    Options
    Thanks!  I play in a lot of weekend softball tournaments, and we camp a lot, so though the mini max would fit my needs perfectly!  Never thought about how it’d conserve lump on smaller cooks! 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Congrats on the new egg.  You are now 3/7's there to a full collection.
  • abtaylor260
    Options
    Nice. If I Bought another it would be a MM. The portability would be convenient. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It is for sure a nice tool in the arsenal.  I tend to bring mine with us when we go to the beach.  It is amazing how long a cook you can squeeze out of one of these guys.  Enjoy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Sweet, can't wait to see what you turn out on it.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    You are just missing two sizes for a straight.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Love my minimax. That's what I use to cook 90% of our egged meals for my family
    of 4. Enjoy it!!!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Congratulations!

I love my Minimax!  I cooked four burgers last night, and it was -5°F outside when I lit it.  It heats up fast, it cooks fast and it reacts like a racecar!  I only light the large when I need the real estate.  Otherwise, the Minimax has become my go-to grill!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nice. If I Bought another it would be a MM. The portability would be convenient. 
    Great cooker. I have one and love it... but at 80lbs, the “portability” is questionable. 🙂
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Great cooker. I have one and love it... but at 80lbs, the “portability” is questionable. 🙂
    Many people likely need two people to move it.  The handles help in that regard.  But yeah, it’s not exactly the sort of thing you’re throwing into a backpack.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I actually bought the MM to use in inclement weather on a covered from porch, meaning I would pull it from the garage for each use and then return it to the garage once cool. Pre-Covid, I lifted weights and did cardio regularly, but I’m ashamed to admit that my routine has temporarily fallen by the wayside due to pandemic-related shifts in schedules and associated parental responsibilities. The last time I had to move the MM, I felt it. 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Added a minimax egg to the family!  Have an XL,L, and now the MM 😂

I was excited when I brought one home as well. A hefty little thing but I don't tote it around that often. The stand for it is nice when you do.
    I will use it with my large for reverse searing. I know that's probably over kill or inefficient but it's fun. Cooking low and slow on the large then on the minimax inferno

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Egghead_Ty
    Options
    Many people likely need two people to move it.  The handles help in that regard.  But yeah, it’s not exactly the sort of thing you’re throwing into a backpack.
    I just moved into an Apartment, going to be staying here for a year.  The land lord was willing to let me bring my large egg and stainless cart and just chain and lock it up in the outdoor patio/common area.  Instead I opted to buy a mm that I can carry to and from my apartment.  Luckily I’m 35 years young 6’4” 265lbs, cause I carry this thing about 120yards and have 2 flights of stairs lol.  I can get back and forth in 1 shot no breaks lol.  Builds up your appetite carting it down to cook, then burns off whatever you just ate bringing it back up 😅😂
  • Egghead_Ty
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Congratulations!

I love my Minimax!  I cooked four burgers last night, and it was -5°F outside when I lit it.  It heats up fast, it cooks fast and it reacts like a racecar!  I only light the large when I need the real estate.  Otherwise, the Minimax has become my go-to grill!
    I did notice how quickly you can get the mm going and how quick you can adjust temp
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Nice!  Just a tiny bit jealous!

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I did notice how quickly you can get the mm going and how quick you can adjust temp
    I have read this sooo many times. I must have got a lemon. Takes mine forever to get to 300F.  Once there it is a rocket, but to get there I feel a sloth can go faster. 

OP - congratulations! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You are getting the idea 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.