Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Answerer be ware- PSA- phone spoofers are now appearing as hospital complexes-PSA

Options
Right up front- within the past 30 minutes I received a spoofed call masking as ATT/DirecTV that came across with a local number and listed as the major health care hospital group in the area (where I am a client).  I answered and then killed the call.
I have had spoof calls come in from my phone number (no I was not calling myself and did not answer) but for me, this is taking it up a level.  VM for the win unless you know the number.  Answerer be ware.  FWIW-
Stay healthy and safe out there-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Pro tip - screen all your calls on your voice mail before you even think of answering.
    Ninety nine percent of the calls we get hang up as soon as the answering machine kicks in. Our machine goes to voice mail after just two rings (the minimum I could set) so friends don't have to wait but a couple seconds to say "Pickup the damn phone bozo". :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    If I get a call and the # is not in my contacts, I don't answer it figuring if it was important they'd leave a voice mail
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I don’t even answer calls from 911.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Neither do I.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    No landline. Less bullish!t calls. 

Except the extended warranty ones. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited January 2021
    Options

I had to call a few weeks back as there was a lady standing and screaming on a cement highway divider with 3 lanes on traffic on each side going 60+ mph. I have no idea how she crossed 3 lanes of traffic to get to the middle. One little slip on the divider and she'd be splattered everywhere. 

So I call 911 and the person running the phones says, "hellloooo?" Like he's not sure who might be on the other end. Real slow like it was a question. Isn't it usually, "911 what's your emergency?" I had to ask the guy who the hell I just called. I don't know who's idea it was to defund the police but it maybe wasn't the brightest idea!  ;)

I was happy not to see anything posted online or on the news of any traffic accident. Never a fun time when you have to use those three numbers. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I had to call a few weeks back as there was a lady standing and screaming on a cement highway divider with 3 lanes on traffic on each side going 60+ mph. I have no idea how she crossed 3 lanes of traffic to get to the middle. One little slip on the divider and she'd be splattered everywhere. 

So I call 911 and the person running the phones says, "hellloooo?" Like he's not sure who might be on the other end. Real slow like it was a question. Isn't it usually, "911 what's your emergency?" I had to ask the guy who the hell I just called. I don't know who's idea it was to defund the police but it maybe wasn't the brightest idea!  ;)

I was happy not to see anything posted online or on the news of any traffic accident. Never a fun time when you have to use those three numbers. 
    That’s why I don’t answer.  It’s never anyone calling about a good time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I called 911 today for the first time in recent memory.
    I called 911 today for the first time in recent memory.
    Let me guess - you forgot to put sugar on top of your lemon bars.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Haha.  

My neighbors were freaking out.  Someone knocked on their door.  She had the baby, he was on a work call so they didn't answer it.  Then they heard noises on the side of their house in the alley.  I looked out my window and a guy was standing on their garbage cans fiddling with something.

Turns out it was a dude from Entergy replacing their gas meter.  No uniform,  no ladder.  Cops came and left.  
    Options
    Yeah, this is becoming a major issue.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    To the top^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.