Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: When We Go High

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My issue is their inability to keep it out of schools.  Even while being illegal, due to the easy concealability wax pens and edibles are all over the schools.  It is an extension of the vaping issue.  Back in the day you had to be committed to sneaking a smoke, and even then you still smelled.  Kids can hit a vape in class while the teacher has their back turned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w
    Not sure what you are saying here.  That PSA is typical of the 80s just say no mentality.  And overly simplifies a complex and devastating problem.  People use drugs regardless of their upbringing.  It impacts all walks of life.
    I wasn't trying to say anything.  For whatever reason, your post reminded me of that commercial.  

It seems to me that there will always be drugs (and alcohol) in and around schools.  Teachers and admins need to be aware of it and impose consequences when it's caught.  I'm not sure there's really a whole lot more that can be done.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Legalizing weed would be a good first step, but really, the whole War on Drugs thing needs to end. Calling it a solution in search of a problem back then would be too generous. The Nixon admin invented it as a way to get back at hippies and 'blacks', but it took Reagan to kick it into gear. Drug use happens at equivalent rates for white and black, but whites more often get off.

Discuss!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Whats crazy is the states where its not legal are just getting it shipped in from states that it is legal. The states growing it legal still arent getting that tax alot of times cause the demand from outside is so high. I met a guy on vacation that was growing legally in Michigan and he was telling me the dispensaries only pay him $125 an oz for regular good indoor flower. He can ship them to illegal states and double his price and not pay to get them graded. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    U_tarded said:
     You could have THC a few days prior and it still show on a blood panel.  
    That's something that always worried me when I had security clearances, after going to a concert and through no fault of my own, inhaling who knows how much...  :s 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Options
    Bryan Ferry!  B)

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Hmm? People made special brownies all the way back in the 70's. Nothing new.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    That's something that always worried me when I had security clearances, after going to a concert and through no fault of my own, inhaling who knows how much...  :s 
    Many companies do not care if it is legal at the state level.  It is against their policy and they will still fire you.  Being illegal at the federal level definitely makes it a thorny issue.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Larger issue for the companies legally growing and distributing is the federal crime. It ain’t federally legal, no banks will take their money and FDIC back it. 
  • Botch
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Larger issue for the companies legally growing and distributing is the federal crime. It ain’t federally legal, no banks will take their money and FDIC back it. 
    That was a huge problem in CO, the stores were loaded to the gills with cash and brought its own crime issues.  Don't know if they've solved it.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    That was a huge problem in CO, the stores were loaded to the gills with cash and brought its own crime issues.  Don't know if they've solved it.  
    I heard they made a cooperative that stores and manages the cash for them. Like a local homegrown bank.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    Many companies do not care if it is legal at the state level.  It is against their policy and they will still fire you.  Being illegal at the federal level definitely makes it a thorny issue.
    Working on the railway here, we are subject to random D&A testing within our company and also at any time on site at a customer's premises. 

The govt recently suggested that it should be mandatory for large companies to random drug test for cocaine to try and curb use. The come back on that one was that they should start by having routine drug testing for politicians and their staff / advisors. That one has gone quiet now.
  • Botch
    Options
    Eoin said:
    The govt recently suggested that it should be mandatory for large companies to random drug test for cocaine to try and curb use. The come back on that one was that they should start by having routine drug testing for politicians and their staff / advisors. That one has gone quiet now.
    :lol:  

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    My issue is their inability to keep it out of schools.  Even while being illegal, due to the easy concealability wax pens and edibles are all over the schools.  It is an extension of the vaping issue.  Back in the day you had to be committed to sneaking a smoke, and even then you still smelled.  Kids can hit a vape in class while the teacher has their back turned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w

$hit, Mr Kotter uses drugs?  Fahk!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95