Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting Closer

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
Such a long way to go, but I really feel like I’m starting to figure somethings out.  This was only my second smoke on the new offset, and so far, this has been the best flat (w/ a sliver of point a top for you technical trolls) I’ve ever turned out.

For this smoke, I did it all by feel.  No probes or temp checks at any point in the cook.  Done in 12.5 hours.  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I'd miss the point, but damn that looks good.
    NOLA
  • cazzy
    buzd504 said:
    There was point and it was really good.  Anyone can nail point.  I judge all my briskets on how well my flat is.  This flat was better than a lot of point I’ve had.  The combined bite of flat w/ the sliver of point and fat was insane.  
  • cazzy
    @buzd504

I unwrapped this at my buddies barbecue shop.  He took this **** pic...I wish he would have had me tilt the brisket to show the bark.  
  • buzd504
    cazzy said:
    buzd504 said:
    There was point and it was really good.  Anyone can nail point.  I judge all my briskets on how well my flat is.  This flat was better than a lot of point I’ve had.  The combined bite of flat w/ the sliver of point and fat was insane.  

To be clear, I wasn't criticizing.  That little sheen from the fat layer looks magnificent.
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    cazzy said:
    @buzd504

I unwrapped this at my buddies barbecue shop.  He took this **** pic...I wish he would have had me tilt the brisket to show the bark.  

Gorgeous!
    NOLA
  • cazzy
    buzd504 said:
    cazzy said:
    buzd504 said:

To be clear, I wasn't criticizing.  That little sheen from the fat layer looks magnificent.
    I know man!  👌🏽
  • cazzy
    buzd504 said:
    cazzy said:
    @buzd504

Gorgeous!
    Thanks!  Next time, I’m going to give him my iPhone to snap the pic.  His cam was no bueno.  I took the flat pic with my phone.  Night and day different lol
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Work of art!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    cazzy said:
    buzd504 said:
    Disagree, I’ve f’d up a point.  :lol:
  • cazzy
    Legume said:
    cazzy said:
    buzd504 said:
    Disagree, I’ve f’d up a point.  :lol:
    Lololololol
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    What offset did you get?  I haven't been on regularly for about the last month, so I'm sorry if I missed an earlier discussion.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Beautiful Cazzy

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    thetrim said:
    What offset did you get?  I haven't been on regularly for about the last month, so I'm sorry if I missed an earlier discussion.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1225911/long-overdue
    Thanks @nolaegghead
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    effin' beautiful. nice work.  the whole point of the point is to insulate some of my flat from getting too overdone :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle