Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Hatch Chiles - Possumtrot Syle

So as most of my crew on here knows life got a little chaotic for my family over the last year. New house build, moving, wife got a new job, apparently there was some pandemic so I have to wear underwear on my face to work....

However, when life brings you chaos, it also brings you a retired self proclaimed “old man” who lives down the way and always looking for a project. 

@Possumtrot aka Henry aka Old guy calls me up the other day and we get to talking Hatch Chiles. 

Long story short I swing by Sprouts and unload half a case of peppers at his house. A little trial and error and one more run to the store and the man has this down to a science. 

So if anyone needs roasted hatch Chiles you can stop by Tennessee on Hwy 96 and hit up Henry’s Hatch Chile pop up stand. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,391
    Thanks for the update and glad all are well.
    No road-trip to TN in the near term but I have hatch chilies on my radar every time I mask up in a produce store.  Haven't been scavenging in around 5 days or so, hopefully I will find success on the next trip.  We could be at the far end of the food chain.  
    BTW- I can relate to the "Old Guy".  
    Stay healthy and safe-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,007
    Very cool! I got some roasted hatch chili's from a friend last weekend, they are earmarked for making hatch chili snack sticks this weekend ...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    He’s old and slow, but he’s about as good as it gets!   Thanks for checking back in with us. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Good to hear from you sir.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Very cool.  Good to see you posting
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    So as most of my crew on here knows life got a little chaotic for my family over the last year. New house build, moving, wife got a new job, apparently there was some pandemic so I have to wear underwear on my face to work....

However, when life brings you chaos, it also brings you a retired self proclaimed “old man” who lives down the way and always looking for a project. 

@Possumtrot aka Henry aka Old guy calls me up the other day and we get to talking Hatch Chiles. 

Long story short I swing by Sprouts and unload half a case of peppers at his house. A little trial and error and one more run to the store and the man has this down to a science. 

So if anyone needs roasted hatch Chiles you can stop by Tennessee on Hwy 96 and hit up Henry’s Hatch Chile pop up stand. 

That boy is wasting away to nuttin. Good to hear from you Adam. Stop by a bit more often. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Glad things are going well Adam, say hi to Henry for me. Miss you guys.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Glad to hear from you too boys. And @northGAcock yeah, that boy needs to eat a few pieces of bread! I told him his cooking must be going to $hit! 😂

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,900
    Good to see you posting here, Adam.  We need to get you in on one of our Friday night Zoom sessions.   Don’t worry, nobody can put a crawfish under your seat through the screen...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Good to see you posting here, Adam.  We need to get you in on one of our Friday night Zoom sessions.   Don’t worry, nobody can put a crawfish under your seat through the screen...
    @JohnInCarolina

South of Nashville, TN