Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoking a butt a 2nd time: dumb?

Options
last weekend I made two butts for a party, only needed one. so I froze the other with the plan that I would sous vide it up to serving temp for another party tomorrow. but what if I let it thaw and then put it back on until it was at serving temp? would it be too smokey? would it be even better? should I stick with the sous vide to reheat?
Boom

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    last weekend I made two butts for a party, only needed one. so I froze the other with the plan that I would sous vide it up to serving temp for another party tomorrow. but what if I let it thaw and then put it back on until it was at serving temp? would it be too smokey? would it be even better? should I stick with the sous vide to reheat?
    I've done it both ways , as long as it is clean smoke it should be fine...I only do it if I have my rig going then I will throw it on in aluminum pans covered , then uncovered for a glaze @ the end 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I'd wrap it in foil and reheat on the egg over low heat, then pull the foil down to expose the butt for maybe 25 minutes to get a little more. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I'm thinking you already have all the flavor on it that you need. Any further cooking without being wrapped/sealed would just drive moisture out. Good luck whatever you choose! Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    You are going to have a hard time beating the overall quality of the final product that would come out of a SV reheat.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike