Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked a couple of birds.

Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
Went to the store and when I got to the meat department, they were restocking. I spotted a couple fryer chickens.  Saw one was mislabeled and pointed it out to the meat cutter.  He said that most people would grab it and not say a word.  Then he said “enjoy your two for one special”.  So I ended up insisting and paying the sticker price.   Anyway... 
Got the egg up to 425 and held it there for about 45 mins.  Then banked it back very hard to almost no air, to it was 350. Opened the vents again and put the birds on raised direct.  I was able to get very crispy skin. 

Pictures...

Rubbed one with DP shaking the tree. The other with a homemade rub of garlic, paprika, little salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper oregano.

On the egg with a little peach wood. (Added 3 other small pieces throughout the 50 minute cook

Served with beans and a baked potato, but no plated pictures. Washed it down with an aged Chardonnay. 

So simple. Soooo good. 
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax
--------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments