Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shredded beef sandwiches ... so good!

Options
unoriginalusername
unoriginalusername Posts: 1,065
edited March 2020 in Beef
The cook takes about ~2hrs of smoke to set the bark and about ~3hrs in a dutch oven filled with 1qt low sodium beef broth and some cooking wine to cover about half of the roast.

You can add course chopped veggies to help flavour the beef, or skip this and reduce down the liquid into an au jus and serve over the beef after its shredded which is what I did in this video. To build our sandwiches we stacked the beef high, added some provolone cheese, melted it with a torch and added our toppings to serve.

If you'd like a video walk through from start to finish, check out my YouTube
https://youtu.be/_ClIwWEWS-0

Anyone else love a smoked and pulled chuck roast as much as we do?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    I do Chuck Rolls quite often, looks good!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,459
    Options
    I’ve done this repeatedly after seeing it here. I may get shunned for this, but I prefer it to pulled pork
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    This is one I love the idea of, but I for some reason have never had luck with executing on this dish.

Brandon - Ohio

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    did this for pot pie a few weeks ago, made a few sandwiches then thickened the sauce for the pie.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    great for tacos, burritos, etc. depending on seasonings.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I’ve done this repeatedly after seeing it here. I may get shunned for this, but I prefer it to pulled pork
    I think I agree 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Pulled beef is a favorite around my house.  It needs to be cooked low and slow like a brisket and indirect then panned or wrapped with broth.  Definitely a cook of patience and not a quick cook 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Pepper stout beef is a regular in our schedule.  I wish the jalapeños at the store were more standard in their heat level.  Sometimes they are bland...
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    This is one I love the idea of, but I for some reason have never had luck with executing on this dish.
    I was this way for a while too. My biggest thing was not cooking it long enough. I just didn't trust myself when the Chuck would get above 205 and I would start thinking I was over cooking it. Let the beef tell you when it's done just like on a brisket. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I saw this and remembered I have a chuckle in the freezer. Now it’s thawing for tomorrow.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    We prefer beef bbq to pork in my house as well. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA