Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: My Kid's School Just Closed Due to Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    Ohio closed all public schools. And their retirement will be ok just ride it out.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options

Quite the contrast.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Haven't seen what alternatives 1 & 2 are...not sure I want to.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Quite the contrast.

Yup Barack loves Basketball.  I miss the years during this time when the dear leader of the free world spent his time filling out his NCAA bracket.  He'd deliver it with great fanfare to his loving sheep on ESPN instead of trying to help prevent what we have going on this year. Great job, O'Bummer.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Amazing we still make this political.  People suck.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I know this is news to many, but in a time of crisis like we currently find ourselves, government leadership matters.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    I’m clicking on ridiculous posts on my Facebook feed ( political conspiracy theorists) and checking to see who likes the posts. I need to know the level of stupidity I’m dealing with. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• thetrim
    Options
    RATM postponed in PHX.  Any ideas on how to get a refund from ticketmaster?  It's probably harder that trying to get a roll of TP at this point.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    thetrim said:
    RATM postponed in PHX.  Any ideas on how to get a refund from ticketmaster?  It's probably harder that trying to get a roll of TP at this point.
    I don't know the answer to that question, but I imagine it won't happen until they decide whether they will reschedule the show or completely cancel it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I don't know the answer to that question, but I imagine it won't happen until they decide whether they will reschedule the show or completely cancel it.

Their website say you'll get an email when they have a new date and "if they allow refunds" you'll be bale to take care of it thru the website. Being such an anti-capitalist group, I'm sure Rage will insist on the refunds soon.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Send it to me. I'll figure it out for you. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    I know this is news to many, but in a time of crisis like we currently find ourselves, government leadership matters.
    citizen leadership matters...government leadership is already overstretching.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Sounds totally legit guys, I dunno.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Target, walmart, costco, and grocery stores are all out of the formula I feed my baby. Scouring the internet, I just horded formula. I bought enough to last 4 months. I also bought 2 huge jugs of meal replacement protein powder for myself and wife which should last for at least 4 months if that is all we eat. Also vitamins for a year. I think even this is overkill, but I use the stuff anyways.

I take a few daily medications and CVS said they are all on backorder. I don't need them to live, but it is kind of scary.

I am really concerned with the economy. My sister is an employment attorney for a big law firm. SO MANY of their clients are in the midst of mass layoffs. For example, all the tradeshow support staff are being let go. The hospitality industry is really hurting and starting mass layoffs. Think about all the employees affiliated with professional/college sports stadiums. This is all going to trickle down and REALLY hurt the economy.

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Their website say you'll get an email when they have a new date and "if they allow refunds" you'll be bale to take care of it thru the website. Being such an anti-capitalist group, I'm sure Rage will insist on the refunds soon.
    My brother got the same email.  We were suppose to go see Bert Kreischer in a couple weeks.  Show has been postponed.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Yup Barack loves Basketball.  I miss the years during this time when the dear leader of the free world spent his time filling out his NCAA bracket.  He'd deliver it with great fanfare to his loving sheep on ESPN instead of trying to help prevent what we have going on this year. Great job, O'Bummer.
    Yeah, from his first day in office "O'Bummer" should have foreseen this "novel" virus.
    Amazing.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Masters postponed. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:
    Yeah, from his first day in office "O'Bummer" should have foreseen this "novel" virus.
    Amazing.  
    You mean like the Swine Flu?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just waited 2.5 hours to get a gun. There was a line and a lot of the people got more than one. The guns I had narrowed my search down to were gone now so I had to spend a little more to get what I wanted. Got a Sig P365 XL 9mm which worked out great cause it’s set up just like my Sig trailside .22 that I use when I take my wife to the range so she is familiar with it already. Also stocked up on some other essentials. 
    I just picked up this Ruger Security Six in .357 magnum.  The action is smooth as buttah and I’m anxious to fire it tomorrow.

Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just got just got told to work from home until we hear otherwise
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A bit surprising the country hasn’t called a national emergency yet.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Michigan schools are closed until April 6th.  My eldest teaches 3rd grade.  I invited her to spend time with us.  I’m only asking two rolls of TP for cover charge.
    Flint, Michigan
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    My daughter's daycare announced they will NOT close unless someone tests positive for covid-19. How stupid is that?
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Not a good week for MGM Grand in Detroit to open their sports book operation.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My daughter's daycare announced they will NOT close unless someone tests positive for covid-19. How stupid is that?
    Galactically stupid.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    Galactically stupid.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.