Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Article on South Carolina BBQ Hash......for those who love it....

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I read it. Working very late, or very early, you decide. Worth the read. Appreciate the insight to the early traditions and family recipes which have been passed down or rediscovered.
    Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    I read it. Working very late, or very early, you decide. Worth the read. Appreciate the insight to the early traditions and family recipes which have been passed down or rediscovered.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Traveling early this morning myself. They tell me sleep is for when you are dead. Travel safe back to your beautiful wife. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I have to admit I was not familiar with bbq hash until a few years ago.  Tried it a few different places since and found Buxton Hall in Ashville has the best i've had so far.  Interesting article.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    im going to stick with the new england flannel yankee hash

Image result for red flannel hash

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    Thank you for sharing.
    Traveling early this morning myself. They tell me sleep is for when you are dead. Travel safe back to your beautiful wife. 
    Catching the last flight out from BWI/WTF for home. Travel safe brother. Hope all is well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • I lived in Florence, SC for a short while.  Made the drive to Latta to eat at Shuler's a time or two.  Fried chicken. was delicious and save room for deserts.  Buffet style, which I'm not a fan of, being a germaphobe.  But I remember that liver hash sitting on the buffet thinking, who would eat this?  People put it on rice and ate it.  Also fried fat back.  Passed on that one too,
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    WVsmokin said:
    I lived in Florence, SC for a short while.  Made the drive to Latta to eat at Shuler's a time or two.  Fried chicken. was delicious and save room for deserts.  Buffet style, which I'm not a fan of, being a germaphobe.  But I remember that liver hash sitting on the buffet thinking, who would eat this?  People put it on rice and ate it.  Also fried fat back.  Passed on that one too,
    I’m sorry you missed out. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Interdicting read, thanks for sharing....its like boudin in a  bowl( to an extent)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Spent several summers in the Aiken, SC area years back. I seem to remember most bbq places being buffet style whole hog, usually with an up charge for ribs. Always loved the hash, would pile it high on my plate!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    So you take liver and the head and chop it all up into a stew? That’s badass. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle