Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Best Spare Ribs Yet

Options
dmourati
dmourati Posts: 1,268
edited January 2020 in EggHead Forum
I've done spare ribs about eight times or so and now I feel like I've got them dialed in. Today's racks were far and away my best.

I followed Malcom Reed's advice on the wrap: honey (for the money), brown sugar, and butter. Heavy dose of Dizzy Dust coarse top and bottom.

I went 3-0.75/1-0, one rack took longer in the wrap. Cook temp wavered from 250-300F.

First rack. A little dark lower right, but tasted great!

Second rack. These had a ton of meat on top of the bones. Super juicy! IMO, these look great.

Here's a closeup of one individual rib from the second rack. Again, juicy! Look at how much meat there is on top of the bone!

In the past, I've often felt rushed on the cook. One time I tried to bring them for a lunch party, that was a mistake I won't repeat. These came pretty well trimmed from Whole Foods. I think I'll stick with their spares over those from my butcher which needed more prep.
Mountain View, CA

Comments