Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Storm Alert!!! Be prepared, it's gonna get REAL.

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,403

If your egg is on wheels or situated to get tipped over, remember: FACTORY WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ACTS OF DOG!  (Or GOD).

Comments

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849
    C’mon Sugar Gliders! 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 10,009

"Protect Thy Eggs!"  

We must learn from history.

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 10,720
    So sad.  #BeBetterThanShannon
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • “Shannyshooshoo.” Lol. 
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 3,202
    The dog may have broke the fall...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 8,058
    I've already been to the liquor store. Plenty of booze to ride this thing out. To be on the safe side, I'm leaving work at 1. Or maybe just because I don't want to be here anymore today....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 26,197
    all stocked up and have about 7 quarts of copycat panera bread turkey chili to make before you guys lose power =)
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,403
    My standby generator is working fine, does the whole house.  We have enough food for about 6 months. Wine for a month and booze for a week.  50 pounds of cat food. 

We're expected to get little rain but the front will have 60-70 mph gusts and there might be hail/tornadoes.  Not much you can do about the tornadoes, but my car is in the shop, Bridget has to work early in the morning (that will be a fun drive) so her Q5 will stay exposed.

If you're in my proverbial boat, make sure you batten down the hatches, tie up lawn furniture and garbage cans, take down any flags and turn on your weather alerts.

sounds like a weekday in Ohio.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
    Sunny and beautiful on weekends?

If you're in the path and have a lot of trees, make sure your chainsaw is in good shape.  Which reminds me, my 2 cycle gas can is at my shop.

Sunny and beautiful on weekends?

you got me, looks like 25mph and rain for tomorrow, 31mph rain Sunday.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,967
    Here in west Michigan we are bracing for snowpacalypse or a non-event. Neurologists and meteorologists can't make up their mind.  
    LBGE, MiniMax - 17, 22, and 36"Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    not anticipating any firenados, at least.

Image result for fire tornado gif

• frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 1,905
    not anticipating any firenados, at least.

Image result for fire tornado gif

perhaps a sharknado then
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
    Image result for sharknado gif

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 4,499
    Image result for sharknado gif
    That chainsaw was in excellent shape
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    1-XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Guy obviously had some 2 cycle mixed gas handy.

• frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 1,905
    Guy obviously had some 2 cycle mixed gas handy.
    and impeccable cutlery skills
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
    Guess he created an unwanted shark "fistula".

Husqvarna 395xp
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,172
    It’ll be moving through here later this evening.  It’d be good weather if SWMBO were here so don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself.  Well, without SWMBO I guess I do know what I’m gonna do with myself.  

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 15,900
    Yeah, looks like we are getting ready to be "Firewood Capital of the Ohio Valley."
    We are going to get hit pretty hard.

I think we are ok on wine.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Radar at midnight tonight, CST.

• jdMyersjdMyers Posts: 312

If your egg is on wheels or situated to get tipped over, remember: FACTORY WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ACTS OF DOG!  (Or GOD).

sure dont

Columbus, Ohio
  • boswhaleboswhale Posts: 15
    YES, watching it closely, my folks are not far from Shreveport. 
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,117
    Good luck, y’all.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE