Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Private For Sale Posts??

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:
    I'll go $60 after @Spaightlabs offer. Shipped of course 
    My Stumps cost dang near 2k to ship from Georgia to CA.....so I'm offering. 100 and will pay shipping 

You got robbed on that freight rate. I ship commercial stoves all over the US and that is outrageous.
    ©tspud there was a crating fee in that as well, shipping weight was near 1700 pounds ....didnt see the crate charge in the contract when I bought, freight itself was inline 
    Owch!
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:
    My Stumps cost dang near 2k to ship from Georgia to CA.....so I'm offering. 100 and will pay shipping 

You got robbed on that freight rate. I ship commercial stoves all over the US and that is outrageous.
    ©tspud there was a crating fee in that as well, shipping weight was near 1700 pounds ....didnt see the crate charge in the contract when I bought, freight itself was inline 
    Did you have it shipped to your business? Residential and lift gate adds fees also.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:

Did you have it shipped to your business? Residential and lift gate adds fees also.
    Shipped to shop, told them I had a forklift but before I had a chance they offloaded it using the gate, no complaints....the investment is quickly paying back 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    What model did you get? 1700 pounds sounds like a good size smoker
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    XL Stretch which is over 1200 pounds, the rest crate and shipping material 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Damn Larry, that smoker so big it don't have wheels, it got landing gear...
    Options
    Larry doesn’t do anything half assed. 
  • lkapigian
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thanks @DoubleEgger, Linda tells me differently  :o
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Thanks @DoubleEgger, Linda tells me differently  :o
    Make sure you hit both cheeks, Larry!
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:

My shipping quoted from Ga to CA zip 31028 to 93291 business at $681.33
    They charged you 2K???  Must have been one hell of a crate that they build all the time. Did you start a BBQ business? Serious cooker, I am jealous
  • lkapigian
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:

My shipping quoted from Ga to CA zip 31028 to 93291 business at $681.33
    They charged you 2K???  Must have been one hell of a crate that they build all the time. Did you start a BBQ business? Serious cooker, I am jealous
    @Tspud1the original quote for shipping and crating was $925.00 so it doubled and yes I was not thrilled about it, the customer follow through was definitely sub par and my next gravity will be elsewhere.......I ordered a cover that never received then was told they don't make them for that size said he would sub a floor mat for the mistake, to this day I have never received it and I got tired of calling them....They forgot to order my flame boss yet they gladly took my money , it had to come direct from flame boss after I got the smoker

we do "Hobby Catering" for a lack of better words, between my stumps and klose I can handle 1200 people though the average we do is 150 pretty regularly 

they lost my business , and anyone I would refer , I am the customer that quietly goes away 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @lkapigian - Wow.  What a disaster from Stumps.  Not that I'm gonna buy another toy (after the SM grill) but I definitely would shop elsewhere if I was.  Of course, their web-site still advertises a cover for your rig.  
    Your hobby catering gig has got to be growing given the pics you post here of your creations.  Congrats on that.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - Wow.  What a disaster from Stumps.  Not that I'm gonna buy another toy (after the SM grill) but I definitely would shop elsewhere if I was.  Of course, their web-site still advertises a cover for your rig.  
    Your hobby catering gig has got to be growing given the pics you post here of your creations.  Congrats on that.  
    Thank's @lousubcap ......IMO there is a cash flow issue for that company.....I never look back, I just move on 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian