Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Private For Sale Posts??

JohnH12JohnH12 Posts: 211
Are we allowed to post an ad for something BBQ related that we want to sell?
I have a stick-burner that I don't need anymore.

Comments

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,788
    Go for it.  You may get buffalo treatment.  

Honestly you will probably do better on Facebook marketplace or craigslist.  
    LBGE, MiniMax - 17, 22, and 36"Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,818
    What brand stick burner?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnH12JohnH12 Posts: 211
    I posted on the Jacksonville, FL CL but I don't have a Facebook acct.
    It's a Lang 60 Deluxe.
    Are you a member over on the BBQ Brethren? They have a classified section over there for smokers. People seem to have good luck selling their pits on it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    Beautiful pit by the way. Are you getting another smaller stick burner?

Minnesota
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 3,082
    Nice smoker- I would be tempted if you were closer. Best of luck and agree on the BBQ Brethren

Greensboro, NC
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,699
    I'll go $60 after @Spaightlabs offer. Shipped of course 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 5,945
    My Stumps cost dang near 2k to ship from Georgia to CA.....so I'm offering. 100 and will pay shipping 
    Visalia, Ca
  • $110 and will pay shipping... to Canada. 
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,244
    I don't really appreciate the competition you guys. 

$120, I'll meet you in Nashville, I'll buy dinner at Hattie B's and I'll still send ya home rolling smoke.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,551
    edited January 5
    Tough crowd...Remind  me to go elsewhere if looking to sell a non BGE rig.   B)
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • wardowardo Posts: 395
    JohnH12 said:
    I posted on the Jacksonville, FL CL but I don't have a Facebook acct.
    It's a Lang 60 Deluxe.

The NextDoor app is a good place to sell stuff too.  I bet someone down in Nocatee/St John's would jump on the opportunity
    NC - LBGE
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 18,081
    I remember when this was a much friendlier place…
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 1,173
    I do too.  Might throw it on eBay for 30 days, and list as “local pickup only”!

KANSAS+++Land of OZ

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++Weber 26" kettle

Thanks for all the help.....NOT!
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,084
    JohnH12 said:
    What kind of help did you expect to get on a kamado forum with specific rules about no solicitation? 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 12,615
    JohnH12 said:
    What kind of help did you expect to get on a kamado forum with specific rules about no solicitation? 
    Come on man.  People sell stuff here all the time. It’s even less offensive since it’s not at all Kamado related IMO. I honestly don’t get the hostility. That said, oh well. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,084
    edited January 5
    JohnH12 said:
    Come on man.  People sell stuff here all the time. It’s even less offensive since it’s not at all Kamado related IMO. I honestly don’t get the hostility. That said, oh well. 
    I was responding to the OP lamenting that he wasn’t getting any real help. If you‘re actually selling something, telling people what it is and a price in the original post would help rather than some vague post. 
    JohnH12 said:
    I was responding to the OP lamenting that he wasn’t getting any real help. If you‘re actually selling something, telling people what it is and a price in the original post would help rather than some vague post. 
    You fail to understand that I did understand your lighthearted sarcasm. You also failed to understand my lighthearted sarcastic response!
    All I want to do is sell a smoker that retails for $5K and I'm asking $3700.
    Ball is in your court DoubleEgger!
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 12,615
    JohnH12 said:
    Agreed. 
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,244
    @JohnH12 - don't worry about double egger - he's a snowflake masquerading as a bad hombre.
  • This is the most fun I’ve had on here in months. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • stevezstevez Posts: 110
    Damn I'm naïve!  I thought it was just light ribbing until I read a bit deeper.  From my perspective, nothing wrong with your request for information on selling a smoker!  Good luck and sometimes this place can get edgy as hell. 
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,551
    JohnH12 said:
    Sold.
    Congrats.  What new toy you gonna buy?   =)
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,179
    lkapigian said:
    My Stumps cost dang near 2k to ship from Georgia to CA.....so I'm offering. 100 and will pay shipping 

You got robbed on that freight rate. I ship commercial stoves all over the US and that is outrageous.
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 5,945
    edited January 10
    Tspud1 said:
    lkapigian said:

You got robbed on that freight rate. I ship commercial stoves all over the US and that is outrageous.
    ©tspud there was a crating fee in that as well, shipping weight was near 1700 pounds ....didnt see the crate charge in the contract when I bought, freight itself was inline 
    Visalia, Ca