Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very best hamburger you can make

Options
Years ago @Beli was coming and spending the night at our house. What the hell do you cook for Beli and Loren as he is a master cook Egg or otherwise. So i decided to keep it simple but go for taste. I had part of a prime brisket ground and did burgers. Beli still talks about them, yes they were excellent. 
For some reason only cooked them once or twice in all those years. 
Sunday had relatives over and HEB had packaged Prime Brisket ground meat. Cooked Sunday and again today. If you have access to HEB get it. If not just grind up some prime brisket.  Used a Large for thick slices of red onion and Pepridgefarm Onion Burger Rolls to have room to grill. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Love this Mickey!  Thanks for posting!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Any local ATL people Patton’s meat market in Duluth sells prime brisket burgers made up already. Very hard to beat except that time I ground up a SRF brisket. Those burgers look great. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'll grind up some lean brisket and bacon fat now and then.  They are the best burgers.
    Options
    Sprouts does a very nice ground beef patty.  Sometimes with blue cheese or jalapeno or bacon.  Git some!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I grind up a prime costco brisket every time I run out of the last one. Just as cheap as buying regular ground meat but so much better. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I have been getting a short rib and brisket grind for burgers. My butcher shop puts it together for me. He is amazed all my arteries have not clogged each time I visit.

Great burgers @Mickey. I am starving now and need to stop work and go fix something to eat.

Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Sprouts does a very nice ground beef patty.  Sometimes with blue cheese or jalapeno or bacon.  Git some!
    Their cowboy burgers are my go to when I don’t feel like driving to the butcher. I could walk to the sprouts by my house if I had to.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Now those look just fabulous, @Mickey. HEB has really upped their beef game this year. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lit said:
    Any local ATL people Patton’s meat market in Duluth sells prime brisket burgers made up already. Very hard to beat except that time I ground up a SRF brisket. Those burgers look great. 
    We do those about once a month.  So good.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great looking burgers @Mickey . I remember your post about doing them for @Beli Whatever happened to that guy? I haven't seen anything from him in a long time. Recently I was watching one of Spring Chicken's Mini movies to get some inspiration and I saw a bunch of his cooks. He had a pretty cool backyard setup from what I remember.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Griffin , agreed.  Remember seeing posts of his backyard and property.  Gorgeous. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Great looking burgers @Mickey . I remember your post about doing them for @Beli Whatever happened to that guy? I haven't seen anything from him in a long time. Recently I was watching one of Spring Chicken's Mini movies to get some inspiration and I saw a bunch of his cooks. He had a pretty cool backyard setup from what I remember.
    He is doing well. @Lawn Ranger and our wives went to see him in Mexico year before last. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    Options
    Nice work @Mickey. Hard to beat a good burger. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Griffin said:
    He is doing well. @Lawn Ranger and our wives went to see him in Mexico year before last. 

That's good to hear. Miss his posts. Don't hear much from Lawn Ranger either these days.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    best I have made is an 80/20 burger with the 80% being lean venison and the 20% being raspberry chipotle bacon ends from a small meat market the next town over.  grind them together twice to mix and make them in a cast iron skillet over a 425 degree direct heat.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Griffin, Lawn Ranger aka Mike Schweitzer posts very actively on Facebook. His cooks, his covered patio, deck built for his cat, etc., still pack the WOW factor!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @Griffin, Lawn Ranger aka Mike Schweitzer posts very actively on Facebook. His cooks, his covered patio, deck built for his cat, etc., still pack the WOW factor!
    I guess I need to face the skeletons and join FB.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I really never understood why one would be against joining bbq groups on FB.  You can always join with an alias, just like we do here.  I dont think people have left because of anything in particular on the forum, FB is just so much larger on the cooking and BGE content that this forum (and everything else for that matter).  So many have created cooking forums where the rules are as they want, the content owners get to rule.  No one has to worry about the buffalo, unless that is your thing, and there are heavily censored egg forums for that too.  I have always wondered why BGE has let yet another thing slip through their fingers by not creating their own FB group.

I guess there are groups for everyone, the old forum style, and otherwise.  I like both.

Not speaking directly to you @Photo Egg, just my wonderings in my head is all.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I really never understood why one would be against joining bbq groups on FB.  You can always join with an alias, just like we do here.  I dont think people have left because of anything in particular on the forum, FB is just so much larger on the cooking and BGE content that this forum (and everything else for that matter).  So many have created cooking forums where the rules are as they want, the content owners get to rule.  No one has to worry about the buffalo, unless that is your thing, and there are heavily censored egg forums for that too.  I have always wondered why BGE has let yet another thing slip through their fingers by not creating their own FB group.

I guess there are groups for everyone, the old forum style, and otherwise.  I like both.

I'm not on FB at all or I would have already joined.
    I was not aware that you could join FB using an Alias but I have never checked into it. But will now. Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I'm in the NON-facebook group. Have joined it 3 or 4 times and somehow it pulls currant and former address books from ??? And I get the same people who I would just as soon  not get including relatives. 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I was fortunate to start egging 10 years ago when Beli was still active on the old forum.  Loved his posts and generous sharing of his knowledge.

Looking forward to trying some brisket burgers soon!  Thank you for sharing, Mickey!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Mickey said:
    Griffin said:

That's good to hear. Miss his posts. Don't hear much from Lawn Ranger either these days.
    He is on Facebook
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,053
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Nice!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I quit Facebook as soon as I started living under a bridge.  That has a tendency to focus the mind.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Those burgers look delicious.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com