Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rare Find

Options
in this 1 horse town:  Chuck Eye Steak

Lrg 2008
Mini 2009

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Chuck Eye Steak can be surprisingly good. It's a really underrated cut. Reasonable tenderness a a good beef flavor.
    Nice looking cook.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Looks tasty
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks good.. never had that cut
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Awesome cook, thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Interesting, new cut for me as well. Looks great!

”Also known as the "poor man's rib-eye," the chuck eye steak comes from the upper shoulder of the cow, the region butchers refer to as the chuck primal. Known for flavorful roasts, chuck cuts generally benefit from low-and-slow cooking methods.”

Source: https://www.thespruceeats.com/chuck-eye-steak-336251
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I don't I've  ever seen that cut here. Chuck roasts are common. Are They related? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    I don't I've  ever seen that cut here. Chuck roasts are common. Are They related? 
    Chuck eye steaks are just steaks cut from a chuck roast.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    edited October 2019
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Chuck eye steaks are just steaks cut from a chuck roast.
    That's not really true. The steak does come from the Chuck Roll, but a few inches of that Chuck Roll is located adjacent to the Rib Eye and that is why t is called a Chuck Eye. I used to buy Chuck Rolls at Restaurant Depot or Costco and trim out the Chuck Eye (3-4 inches of one part of the Roll). Then Wegman's opened here and they sell Chuck Eye Steaks and roasts at different times of the year (Summer is steaks, Winter is roasts).  In the Winter, I just cut the Chuck Eye roast into steaks and they are great.  Technically it is part of the Chuck section, but those few inches of meat do not taste like Chuck.

By the way, this is sometimes referred to as a Delmonico Steak.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA