Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Can Anyone recommend a good podcast? Any BBQ ones?

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
That’s all just looking for recommendations. TIA
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Mark Bells power project 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    WTF with Marc Maron 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,125
    Options
    99% Invisible
    Criminal
    Reply All

I haven't found many good cooking ones, so no help there.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Joe Rogan Experience 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Are you interested in any and all Podcasts? 

A few I listen to regularly or really enjoyed. 

The Ryen Russillo Podcast - just a bro talking sports. Mostly NFL, CFB and NBA. 

The Mina Kimes Show- analytics based NFL commentary. Not nerdy, but nerdy. 

Fantasy focus football podcast - self explanatory.

Serial- Investigative. Whodunit and why? Season 1 is fantastic. 

S-Town- made by the some production company as Serial.  Probably my favorite pod. Too bad it’s only 6-8 episodes total.

Presidential- leading up to the 2016 election, a podcast chronicling all 44 presidents leadership styles.  How it helped, how it hurt their presidency.

Constitutional- same host as presidential, discussing the foundation of constitutional thought and key amendments

Moonrise- my current favorite. A discussion on the geopolitical and societal conditions that made the space race possible.  

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I think Theo Von is hilarious but he's not for everyone. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You’ll probably like the second season of Serial.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Noted and will definitely give the above suggestions a go when the great vortex time and adult beverage sucking machines don't have such influence.  Friday has promise but TBD.  Yes, there is a back story but suffice to say "Free at Last."...with apologies to MLK. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    I posted on another thread but the Yankee Air Pirate is a great one hosted by a friend of mine interviewing his Dad who got shot down over Vietnam and spent 6+ years in the Hanoi Hilton.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    My favorite right now is the Omnibus Project.  Two episodes a week with really interesting topics.  John Roderick and Ken Jennings discussing the topic. Each episode is about 1 hour.

If you like history, the History of Rome is a great listen.  Each episode is around 15-20 minutes.

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • thetrim
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I think Theo Von is hilarious but he's not for everyone. 
    Theo Von Rock?   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    I subscribe to a weekly email newsletter called "The Smoke Sheet" which is focused on bbq things/goings-on.
    Each issue has a section called Watch/Listen/Read which highlights an item in each of the three categories. The podcasts they mention aren't always strictly bbq but the story each week usually does involve bbq in some way.

You'll see it has links to back issues if you wanted to track down some more podcasts (or books or vids) that touch on bbq stuff.
    The "Smoke Sheet" itself is worth subscribing to.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    I listen to Joe Rogan regularly. Usually skips the fighters and most of the comics he has on though.
    If you like military history, The Jocko Podcast is really good. He has written a couple of books on leadership that were really good.
    Las Vegas, NV

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    I use Overcast to manage my podcasts & create playlists for me. 

Smart:
    • This American Life
    • How I Built This
    • Business Wars
    • Ted Radio Hour
    • Hidden Brain
    • Something You Should Know
    • Planet Money
    Fun
    • Joe Rogan Experience
    • Serial
    • Criminal
    • Hardcore History
    Business/Growth:
    • Tim Ferris
    • Tony Robbins
    • Jocko Podcast

Training:
    • Nike Trained
    • Maximus Podcast
    • Whoop

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • EGGHEAD83
    Options
    Malcolm Reed, How to BBQ Right is pretty good especially if you follow his you tube channel. 
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    Small Town Murder
    Crime Junkies 
  • CornfedMA
    Options
    Resurrecting a thread from last week- I caught a good BBQ related podcast on my way to the airport today. Mike Ritland (Mike Drop Podcast) had Matt Pittman from Meat Church on for a couple hrs. They talked about his business, smoking tips, equipment, etc. It was a good listen if you want to check it out.