Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st brisket!

Options
I finally got around to smoking a 3lb brisket on the egg.  Everything was pre trimmed, no fat cap.  I used the guru, grate temp at 250, foil wrapped at 170, and took off at 202(took about 8 hours)  then let it sit for 1 hour  in cooler.  How's it look?  Did I cut it right?

Comments

• wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    Options
    How do you think it turned out?  Looks better than some of my brisket attempts for sure!
    NC - LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  Rolling in with a brisket is strong work right there. 
    As above, you and those who consume are the best judges.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks good from here.  It looks like you cut it against the grain, so yes you cut it right.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome aboard!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Welcome!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Welcome, looks like a winner!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Strong play on the first brisket. Looks delicious to me. you have the skills, nice cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I finally got around to smoking a 3lb brisket on the egg.  Everything was pre trimmed, no fat cap.  I used the guru, grate temp at 250, foil wrapped at 170, and took off at 202(took about 8 hours)  then let it sit for 1 hour  in cooler.  How's it look?  Did I cut it right?

Welcome! As others said, if you enjoyed it, you have succeeded.
    From the picture it looks like a great bark and smoke ring. Meat looks dry. That's the tougher thing to nail with brisket and I usually fail with small cuts like that.  When I get a full packer, or anything larger than 7 lbs, I have much more consistent results.
    The downside is that is usually too much brisket for a small family, and it isn't cheap! But the upside is, if you have a vacuum sealer, those slabs freeze nice for quick meals later (as long as you reheat it gently).
    Thanks for the share and I look forward to seeing more cooks!
    LBGE/Maryland