Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New toy

not that a knife is a toy, but I've been using my Green River skinning knife, (left over from my muzzleloading days) to trim cuts.
I liked the looks of this Dexter so I ordered it.
Lrg 2008
Mini 2009

Comments

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 19,514
    that's a good one

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,634
    One of the best money I've spent. Great price and gets used all the time here in the kitchen. No worries about abuse or condition. Cheap enough to replace if needed. Stays relatively sharp and is easy to sharpen. You'll be glad you picked one up! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,961
    Guess that is a 10" breaker - for say $52 - right? I have a much cheaper 8" knife which is my go  to blade for trimming ribs both raw and cooked.
    L, M, S &  Mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,312
    A good knife is a good thing.  Already cut my self with this new toy. 

https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-774679/

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,309
    RRP said:
    Guess that is a 10" breaker - for say $52 - right? I have a much cheaper 8" knife which is my go  to blade for trimming ribs both raw and cooked.

• BotchBotch Posts: 8,573

RRP said:

I HATE it when she whips out the tape measure....  :blush:

"There are pre-grated cheeses, and there are great cheeses, but there are no great grated cheeses."    - Chef John 

Ogden, Utard.  
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,961
    RRP said:

Thanks pal...I posted my dumb ass reply between cocky tails on a bright porch. Need more excuses?
    L, M, S &  Mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Thanks pal...I posted my dumb ass reply between cocky tails on a bright porch. Need more excuses?
    One more might be fun.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,443
    Excuses about size can be entertaining. 

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    Measuring tapes coming out as we post.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,443
    bgebrent said:
    Measuring tapes coming out as we post.
    Pretty soon, people are waxing their eggs. 

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,573
    edited July 11
    The blade might be 6 inches, is there a break for the handle? 

Asking for a friend......
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    The blade might be 6 inches, is there a break for the handle? 

Asking for a friend......
    Not sure what you mean by a "break for the handle"?
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009