Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Week without an Egg

Options
A week of vacation in Gulf Shores, AL means no egg.  This will not slow down the cooks though.  Picked up this little doozie at Wally World.  Cooking on the Egg really prepares you for cooking on other vessels.  BTW The lump is 30#s for $9.99.  It’s kick ass.  Really good stuff. I like the RO haystack starters too!
XLBGE, SS table
McKinney, TX.

Comments

• MCRyan
    MCRyan Posts: 167
    Options
    Can’t upload photo.   $49 charcoal grill.  
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2019
    Options
    A week at the beach (any beach) is great peace for the brain and body. Time to turn so you don't burn. Have a large time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    we are headed to Lake Waccamaw for the week this coming weekend, i spent the weekend smoking and vacuum sealing things to sous vide at the lake and i am taking a small gas grill with us should be a good time, i have had the sous vide for 2 years figure its time to use it.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Is this the lump?

I saw this at Wally world but didn't see the price. For $9.99 it may worth a try. The Royal Oak was $16 and change for 30#. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MCRyan
    MCRyan Posts: 167
    Options
    That is the exact bag I bought.   Have had a couple cooks and love it.  Huge chunks, lasts long, smells great.  Again, 30#s for $9.99!!!   That’s what charcoal should cost anyway.  Burning money  =)
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    Options
     I have an unopened bag of that sitting in the garage after a buddy of mine told me about it. He says it's really pretty good stuff - lots of large chunks. I just opened a bag of Rockwood but I may have to go ahead and open it up. 
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    Options
    MCRyan said:
    Can’t upload photo.   $49 charcoal grill.  
    I think I saw those today during my daily Wally World outing. Do they come in several bright colored tops with black bases -Blue/Black, Red/Black, etc?
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    You're so right about "Cooking on the Egg really prepares you for cooking on other vessels. "

I've cooked on a lot of different grills on vacations over the years - pre and post egg ownership.  There's no question that cooking on the egg and hanging around this place seriously raised my game on other grills.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    8 days 200 miles east in Seaside and did not take egg this time

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Mickey said:
    8 days 200 miles east in Seaside and did not take egg this time

We love Seaside. When My Beautiful Wife wants the beach in Northwest Florida...I have only two choices; 1) Yes and 2) Yes dear.

Food Truck Row is as cool as it can get. If you cant find something to eat there, you are not from this earth. I recommend the meatloaf sammy at the Meltdown. Get there early, as they run out of it quickly. While not Franklinesque in popularity with lines down the street and around the block...there are a few folks there waiting for it to open.

I will NOT mention to Suzy y'all have been there.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky