Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Source for 18" round foil pans?

I have an 18" stone and metal drip pan and have gotten sick of trying to clean the drip pan after each cook.  Even when wrapping it in foil, the fat and grease finds its way in and becomes a huge hassle to deal with at the end of the day.  Does anyone have a good source to buy foil pans that large?  I did a quick amazon search and only saw one source and they're more than $4 each - hoping to find a cheaper option.

Thanks

Comments

• bikesAndBBQbikesAndBBQ Posts: 257
    Get get a cheap 18 inch pizza pan and cover with foil. I would never clean the pizza pan under the foil either. I just cover my deflector with foil and replace It when it gets nasty. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,811
    Smokeware just came out with really heavy 12" solid SS ones......line with foil.

BGE came out with dispoable ones, but they are really shallow (and expensive.)
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,219
    Does it have to be round?  Many of my cooks don't necessarily require round coverage, and going rectangle brings many options.

John - SLC, UT

2XL, XL, 3 Larges (each kid gets one), Med, MM, 2 Minis

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,909

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,746
    I have an XL with a SS drip pan from CGS.  I cover it with one piece of wide foil.  No seams and no way for the fat to leak in.  I toss the foil after every cook and washing the drip pan is unnecessary.
    Flint, Michigan
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,989
    BGE sells them for different size eggs. 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,763
    edited June 12

• tmpaeggtmpaegg Posts: 4
    I bought 3 cookie sheets from the dollar store.   I just keep them wrapped with foil.   I think I have only had to wash a cookie sheet once because the foil ripped.    They are always wrapped in foil so they are ready to go.
    Tampa, Fl    - Large BGE
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,320
    I bought a drip pan from CGS and cover it with foil
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 24,729
    so........i sometimes use the drip pan in the egg but mostly dont,  sometimes its in the garage holding small parts from things like a carb,  sometimes its in the garden with beer in it collecting slugs,  right now its in the firepit, i dont know why other than maybe i dumped something out.  i dont know why i had to say all that, but .......i guess i dont get using disposables
  • OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 552
    epl108 said:
    I have an 18" stone and metal drip pan and have gotten sick of trying to clean the drip pan after each cook.  Even when wrapping it in foil, the fat and grease finds its way in
    Aluminum foil comes in 18 inch rolls. Should be fine to cover an 18" drip pan. If the pan is deep enough, then a second piece of foil at 90 degrees should take care of it. Works for me, but maybe I don't understand the problem.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,763
    The problem might be what constitutes the definition of "clean" pan.

• MikeeMikee Posts: 843
    I got a pan here; https://www.webstaurantstore.com/10375/cake-pans.html?filter=shape:round&filter=top-diameter:15~18*-inches. Look for a 18" pan that is tapered and then use 18" wide alum foil. 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,192
    so........i sometimes use the drip pan in the egg but mostly dont,  sometimes its in the garage holding small parts from things like a carb,  sometimes its in the garden with beer in it collecting slugs,  right now its in the firepit, i dont know why other than maybe i dumped something out.  i dont know why i had to say all that, but .......i guess i dont get using disposables
    I don't get using disposables either. I also don't get bothering to wrap a drip pan in foil. Never seems to really save much time including wrapping & cleanup. With a drip pan I just pour the still warm grease into the dirty grease jug, wipe it with a paper towel and done (most of the time anyway - sometimes you need a few drops of Dawn and a scrubbie or run thru the dishwasher).
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • YnoYno Posts: 211
    https://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-round-foil-catering-tray-case/61218FT25.html

$2 per pan, but they last quite a few cooks. I just scrape the residue off into the garbage until they get too nasty, and them chuck them. 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • epl108epl108 Posts: 13
    I have an XL with a SS drip pan from CGS.  I cover it with one piece of wide foil.  No seams and no way for the fat to leak in.  I toss the foil after every cook and washing the drip pan is unnecessary.
    That's a good idea - I'm using the standard 12" foil but switching to the wide might solve the problem for me! Thanks
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,288
    When my ss steel round drip pan gets too dirty after a few uses I wash it and place in oven for a self clean job works great
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,746
    Foil makes a great hat for crazy people too!

Flint, Michigan