Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Brown Santa Came Today

CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,134

Will post a review of the Anova Pro once I test it out. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    You know how to use that thingy?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • That's what Brown can do for you!  :D
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 3,382
    edited June 5
    Gotta admit that I had to look up “Brown Santa.” Was worried that you had gone all Michael Richards on us there, for a second. 

Give us us a full review once you’ve taken it for a whirl. 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 237
    score! Love my Anova
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,134
    One quick piece of feedback:

Website says 100L (with lid), manual says 60L (no mention of lid). You’d think their marketing would be consistent. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
    bgebrent said:
    I’ll call Nicole and have her explain it to me. 

Southeastern CT. 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,414
    Careful. Posting a title like that some folks on here might be tempted to call you a racist with absolutely no reason to back it up.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Careful. Posting a title like that some folks on here might be tempted to call you a racist with absolutely no reason to back it up.
    I ain’t skeered.

Southeastern CT. 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,933
    CTMike said:

Website says 100L (with lid), manual says 60L (no mention of lid). You’d think their marketing would be consistent. 

WOWSER! That much power is like bringing a machine gun to a knife fight!
    L, M, S &  Mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,750
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,933
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    No. If you read the attributes of that powerful piece as compared to the Anova many of us here already own then you would understand my comparison.
    L, M, S &  Mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,913
    Brown Santa doesn’t deliver to residential property around here anymore.  They hand off to usps.  Nice presents!
    Flint, Michigan
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    Brown Santa doesn’t deliver to residential property around here anymore.  They hand off to usps.  Nice presents!
    At least your water is ok.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 9,486
    I hate when they do that. FedEx does it here as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 25,047
    so thats whats going on, it even happens to business addresses here about half the time. there has to be some friction going on with this with usps, ive had some stuff sent back to sender a few times for no reason at all by usps when ups was involved.
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,383
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    No. If you read the attributes of that powerful piece as compared to the Anova many of us here already own then you would understand my comparison.
    Yolk went to Georgia Tech....mostly sphering done there.....not so much reading.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 15,608
    bgebrent said:
    That’s what she said 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,750
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    Yolk went to Georgia Tech....mostly sphering done there.....not so much reading.
    Apparently, you two missed the joke.  
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either.