Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Brown Santa Came Today

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247

Will post a review of the Anova Pro once I test it out. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    You know how to use that thingy?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • That's what Brown can do for you!  :D
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited June 2019
    Gotta admit that I had to look up “Brown Santa.” Was worried that you had gone all Michael Richards on us there, for a second. 

Give us us a full review once you’ve taken it for a whirl. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    score! Love my Anova
  • CTMike
    One quick piece of feedback:

Website says 100L (with lid), manual says 60L (no mention of lid). You’d think their marketing would be consistent. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    bgebrent said:
    I’ll call Nicole and have her explain it to me. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Careful. Posting a title like that some folks on here might be tempted to call you a racist with absolutely no reason to back it up.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CTMike
    Careful. Posting a title like that some folks on here might be tempted to call you a racist with absolutely no reason to back it up.
    I ain’t skeered.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    CTMike said:

Website says 100L (with lid), manual says 60L (no mention of lid). You’d think their marketing would be consistent. 

WOWSER! That much power is like bringing a machine gun to a knife fight!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    No. If you read the attributes of that powerful piece as compared to the Anova many of us here already own then you would understand my comparison.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Brown Santa doesn’t deliver to residential property around here anymore.  They hand off to usps.  Nice presents!
    Flint, Michigan
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Brown Santa doesn’t deliver to residential property around here anymore.  They hand off to usps.  Nice presents!
    At least your water is ok.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Brown Santa doesn’t deliver to residential property around here anymore.  They hand off to usps.  Nice presents!
    I hate when they do that. FedEx does it here as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    so thats whats going on, it even happens to business addresses here about half the time. there has to be some friction going on with this with usps, ive had some stuff sent back to sender a few times for no reason at all by usps when ups was involved.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    No. If you read the attributes of that powerful piece as compared to the Anova many of us here already own then you would understand my comparison.
    Yolk went to Georgia Tech....mostly sphering done there.....not so much reading.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bgebrent said:
    That’s what she said 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:

Uhhh, wrong thread Ron?
    Yolk went to Georgia Tech....mostly sphering done there.....not so much reading.
    Apparently, you two missed the joke.