Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Intro...finally

Hi everyone!

Guess it’s about time I introduce myself. Joined about a year ago and have been lurking, reading and learning.

My name is Blair I live in the metro Detroit area and I bought my large egg in August 2018. Prior to that used a WSM for the past 7 years. I recently moved into a new house and had a paver patio built which allowed me to buy the egg lol I couldn’t justify the cost of a built in gasser grill when my Weber is just fine. So I convinced the wife the egg was the way to go!

So far I have cooked a bunch of pork shoulders, steaks and wings. A brisket flat, turkey breast, spatchcock chicken and some ribs. Still looking forward to beef ribs, a full packer brisket and of course pizza!

Heres some pics of my setup. I will post a couple new threads of some various cooks. Feels good to finally be out of the shadows :)

Macomb, MI - LBGE, WSM, and a gasser

Comments

• mahenryakmahenryak Posts: 1,224

Hello and welcome aboard. That is one fine looking setup! I imagine it has been worth the wait.

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,082

Welcome to the forum Blair. Like the square instead of round cutout for the Large. Makes perfect sense to me!

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 110

Beautiful setup! Welcome aboard looking forward to seeing some of your cooks

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,260
    edited April 13

Welcome! Great looking patio and yard!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,436

Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey. Above all, have fun.

Great looking setup. Way to bring it home...

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,270

Very nice setup - welcome aboard!!

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, (Akron was gifted to a friend)
  • Beautiful setup. Really like your house and back yard. You will have some “good times” out there!

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

• blairz212blairz212 Posts: 24

Thanks everyone! This will be the first summer in the house with the patio complete and the grass rooted. Looking forward to really put some time on the egg this year.

what is the best way to get photos in ur posts? My photobucket won’t upload my pics and when I try to insert directly from my phone they don’t seem to show up

• littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 819
    edited April 13

You don’t need photobucket. Use the photo icon and it will attach a jpg from your phone, pc, or pad. It takes about 30 seconds to upload from your phone, and when you see picture, then hit the post button.

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

• Welcome. Great looking setup. Nice grass!

• MeTedMeTed Posts: 784

Welcome! Great looking place you got there! What city are you in, I’m in Belleville.

Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • BotchBotch Posts: 7,990

Sweet setup, and Welcome!

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,281

Sweet setup! Welcome

Minnesota
  • blairz212blairz212 Posts: 24

I’m in Macomb 24 mile and Romeo plank area.

• smbishopsmbishop Posts: 2,353

Welcome! Looking forward to your future posts and pics. Great looking patio!

Southlake, TX, and Cowhouse Creek, Gatesville, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • EoinEoin Posts: 2,494

Hi there. Nice cooking area and that lawn looks good too. Post up some cooks, that's what we're here for.

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,466

Welcome. Dig the setup.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,537

Congratulations on the new house with the beautiful patio and wonderful view. Welcome to the club. Looking forward to your future posts.

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,888

Welcome in. There is no exit. The Big Green Egg is actually a retirement fund depletion program, so be prepared to spend.

The least expensive aspect of owning a BGE, is the initial purchase.

Since my original purchase, My Beautiful Wife, has kept a tab (math nerd) and has told me since we bought the eggs we are about 90 thou into the lifestyle. If you have not noticed it yet, you will.

Just be sure to tell your children, college is not the only choice going forward in their lives, and having a car is not necessary to get around, and make sure your wife understands the importance of aluminum foil over cards, jewelry, flowers, and any other gifts you formally had given to her, so she would not kill you and hide your body.

Welcome to wallet genocide.

Have fun.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky