Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The 2019 Drunk Shopping Census

Options
HeavyG
HeavyG Posts: 10,344
Average annual spend per drunk shopper: $444
Of course Amazon is the drunk shopping platform of choice (damn 1-Click button can be deadly even when sober).
Kentucky seems to lead the pack in annual average drunk spending: >$700.
Are you above or below average as a drunk shopper (I consume very little booze so my average annual drunk spend is zero but I know I'm likely an outlier)?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Guilty. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    As an Amazon seller, I can tell you our sales are big on Saturday nights.  Yes, that's when people are BBQ'ing and realize they need more charcoal, but it's also funny when some order the exact same thing again Sunday around noon.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Several motorcycles and at least one car have ended up arriving after a casual browsing while consuming adult beverages!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I’m in the zero club. No spend here. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I’m in the zero club. No spend here. 

Me 2. Sorry, its #Me2 right? I don't have tweeter or whatever its called...

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I don't have room in my budget for drunk shopping.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I have bought a lot of things that way.  Usually they been things I thought my wife would wear or let me use on her.   These days I don let her open the box any more.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I have bought a lot of things that way.  Usually they been things I thought my wife would wear or let me use on her.   These days I don let her open the box any more.

I'm enjoying your newest avatar.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• FlyOverCountry
    Options

Such a classy lady!
  • HeavyG
    Options

Such a classy lady!
    She really knows how to dress for a charity event for children.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    no drunk shopping or posting
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Guilty, my online spending is quadruple when drinking. I'm dry for about half the year, as moderation is not my strong suit. I give up alcohol for Lent every year, so this time of year it's pretty tame. However, there's nothing like pulling in the drive and seeing a big box from Amazon, Duluth Trading Co., Dizzy Pig, Meat Church, CGS, etc. I can't recall ordering.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Guilty. Came home from work one day and had 7 Amazon boxes on the porch. I was initially pissed at SWMBO, then she firmly corrected my confusion ;)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Thanks for the read.  Skewed data set but interesting.  10 drinks/week for the "drunk" shopper-quite low threshold especially from someone in KY;)
    I am quite sure I have not topped the $700/yr buy attributed to this state.  I will peruse the SRF site while in LEO and have pulled the trigger a few times however.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I should be getting a 17k inheritance check today or tomorrow from a dead relative I've never met.  Might be a good excuse to buy something frivolous.  

Money has never burned a hold in my pocket, but I have been known to order some crap drunk.
    Options
    Our problem is we don't have any room in our house.  One more tiny item and the walls will explode outwards.
    Options

Money has never burned a hold in my pocket, but I have been known to order some crap drunk.
    You’re kidding.  I would never have guessed this, not in a million years.  You do not seem like the buying of junk type, much less someone known to drink to the point of having gigantic lapses of judgment.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options

You’re kidding.  I would never have guessed this, not in a million years.  You do not seem like the buying of junk type, much less someone known to drink to the point of having gigantic lapses of judgment.  
    Just like you have never been known for your sarcasm.  d'oh

Options
    Our problem is we don't have any room in our house.  One more tiny item and the walls will explode outwards.
    Buy whatever you want and send it to my house. I've still got room.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    dharley said:
    Buy whatever you want and send it to my house. I've still got room.
    Sounds legit.  Send me your address.
    Options
    I get a lot of reply’s to my classifieds ad’s after 1 am.  99% of the deals never happen when they sober up the next day.  It’s the whiskey factor!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Speaking of Amazon. Recently my packages have started being delivered by their own delivery service instead of USPS. I haven't been impressed and today I had two packages "delivered" to my "mail room" (what delivery confirmation says) sooo.... who knows where in the hell they are. Awaiting a reply from Amazon 

• HeavyG
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Speaking of Amazon. Recently my packages have started being delivered by their own delivery service instead of USPS. I haven't been impressed and today I had two packages "delivered" to my "mail room" (what delivery confirmation says) sooo.... who knows where in the hell they are. Awaiting a reply from Amazon 
    Most of my stuff has been delivered via Amazon Logistics peeps for the past year or so. They always take a photo of the package at its destination and that photo shows up on the order page for the item.
    That pix has helped me track down a couple parcels that were delivered to the wrong address. When I noticed that the pix wasn't of my front door a walk around the neighborhood found it.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    I am guilty, mostly because of this and one other forum. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Bourbon forum?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Anyone know anyone that actually used that Amazon deliver lock thingy?

I have trust issues, not for me.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Most of my stuff has been delivered via Amazon Logistics peeps for the past year or so. They always take a photo of the package at its destination and that photo shows up on the order page for the item.
    That pix has helped me track down a couple parcels that were delivered to the wrong address. When I noticed that the pix wasn't of my front door a walk around the neighborhood found it.
    The pics are nice. That's the first thing I noticed on these deliveries, no pics. 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Bourbon forum?  
    That's a difference without a distinction John. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.