Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Vortex DP Spicy Wings

dstearndstearn Posts: 1,338
Tried out the Vortex and DP Spicy last Sunday. The skin was crisper than my past cooks and the DP Spicy was not overpowering. Sauced with Blues Hog Original. Next time I will cook at a higher heat as the dome temp was 400. 

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,777
    Nice, first I have seen ( or heard) of the Vortex, had to look it up
    Visalia, Ca
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,279
    Wings look great.  Interesting way to use the smoke wood.  I'm sure it lasted for the cook duration. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,052
    They are neat, I made one by cutting the bottom off a dog bowl 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• dstearndstearn Posts: 1,338
    They are neat, I made one by cutting the bottom off a dog bowl 
    I will be using mine a lot more. Next time I will use fresh lump and set the temp a little higher.
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,052
    I really like mine in the Weber with briqs too, the two zone heat is nice. I do the smoke wood chunk same as you right in the middle 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)