Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, PP, Smokingal Cornbread, and Couscous Salad

byrne092
byrne092 Posts: 746
edited March 2019 in EggHead Forum
Finally had some nice weather and it had been too long since smoking some meat. Put on a pork butt last night with some oak and cherry. This afternoon I added some spare ribs to the mix along with some hickory and more oak. Killer hog rub on the butt and salt and pepper on the ribs. 
Ever since I saw @smokingal sweet potato polenta cornbread it was put on the short list, so I made a pan!
To finish it off my wife made a couscous spinach salad. Couscous, spinach, apple, apple sauce, pecans, bacon, jalapeños, onions, and smoked Gouda. 

Pulled pork turned out great, the S&P ribs blew the PP away though. The simplicity of the seasoning and smokiness was fantastic. The cornbread was the showstopper; topped it with some kerrygold and apple butter...just amazing. Thanks for the recipe and info @smokingal! This is going to be a new staple. The couscous salad balanced everything out.

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO

Comments