Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - 25% off ace hardware coupon and new kick ash product.

Options
has anyone seen the new Kick Ash Can?  pretty cool concept, i ordered one for each egg yesterday and on for the FIL for fathers day did know if anyone here tested it prior to its release.

also there is a 25% ace coupon out there for your rockwood purchase needs.
https://cdn-tp3.mozu.com/24645-m1/cms/files/d664c2b0-7e00-43ec-b7d2-8c2dc98dfb7d

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Hadn't seen the ash can before. Looks kinda useful. Kinda pricey.
    I think I'd stroll thru Pet Smart and see if I could find  the right size pet food bowl for <$10 first and just dremel out part of the side first.
    Probably couldn't find one that really fits just right tho.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Here’s the Can:

I am trying not to laugh, but it is really, really hard.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Hadn't seen the ash can before. Looks kinda useful. Kinda pricey.
    I think I'd stroll thru Pet Smart and see if I could find  the right size pet food bowl for <$10 first and just dremel out part of the side first.
    Probably couldn't find one that really fits just right tho.
    How much? I didn't see a price 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    $30.  Introductory price.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    they are $30, idk if everything is free shipping or not but ordering 3 i got free shipping.  i figured support chad and his quest, i like the idea of picking this up and no ash took with little stuff thats always on my table and stuff figured make it cleaner.

Boiler Up!!

• KGilma2018
    Options
    I'll buy one, just because I hate scraping the ash out through the vent.  
    Franklin, TN
  • thetrim
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Scraping ash out is pure hell with the Minimax.  Pure HELL!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The mini is also terrible. I wish they made a KAB for it
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:
    A shop vac is your friend.
  • WeberWho
    edited February 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:
    A shop vac is your friend.
    I 100% agree when it comes to the mini. It would be nice to remove the lump with the KAB. I've been spoiled with the large and small egg with the basket.

I can see why they don't. The tooling cost would be more than the demand I'd imagine with the mini.

Minnesota
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    So this would put my scraping tool and shop vac out of business?  Not all bad, but no XL model available (yet).
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    What purpose does this serve? Love my KAB's, but I see nothing to gain here
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    What is the Rockwood price at everyones local ACE? My ACE had a 25% price increase at the first of the year. In December I was paying $24.99 at my local ACE, after the new year the price is now $29.99. If I use the 25% coupon the price is back to $24...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Shelf sticker by Rockwood is marked $21.99 at my Westlake.  Blue’s Hogg is $25.99 bag.  And there is some Cowboy for cheap.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    What purpose does this serve? Love my KAB's, but I see nothing to gain here
    i see it basically eliminating the ash tool and stuff, i like the idea makes less for me and the table but we will see when they come in.

Boiler Up!!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited February 2019
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    What is the Rockwood price at everyones local ACE? My ACE had a 25% price increase at the first of the year. In December I was paying $24.99 at my local ACE, after the new year the price is now $29.99. If I use the 25% coupon the price is back to $24...
    Every store is different.....there's a suggested price, and there's what they charge.  There's one store that charges $34.95 (and they sell a ton of it since BGE is next to it for $39.95.)  But nothing changed in the system when it came to us or Ace Corp on Jan 1.  So, it's the store, not us or Ace Corporate.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I can't disclose such delicate information. Let's just say, they're losing money...It's that ridiculous, but I believe it $26 on the floor
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    That’s what happens when you live in the high rent district. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    The ceiling is the roof!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95