Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Was that the worst halftime show ever? - OT

epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 2,107
I don't know because when the hamburglar came out screeching I turned the channel for awhile.
Then somewhere I read the performance was not even at the game but somewhere offsite, (don't know how true this is) so at least the people at the game did not have to sit through it.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 29,872
    I don't like country music but I don't start threads bitching about country music half time shows sucking balls.  Someone must like it or they wouldn't have the traction for the invite.  

Just my $0.02

disclaimer - I didn't pay much attention to the half time show, it was on but was building pizza at the time.  So what happened?  Did lil Wayne's pants fall off?

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 2,107
    I don't like country music either, but at least it is watchable. 
    Who is lil Wayne?
    One of the performers in the half time show you hated.   

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,977
    I think lil Wayne is the “hamburgler” you referenced.  

I wasn’t a fan of the show, but only because I don’t care for the modern incarnation of the Tabernacle Choir.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Sorry if I'm off base, were they singing out of tune and stuff?  That would qualify, independent of genre and my  or anyone's personal music preferences.  I'd like to hear some details. ..I might be wrong and I'd gladly apologize for jumping to conclusions. 

• CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,002
    I’m a huge Imagine Dragons fans and thought their performance was great. That said I didn’t care for Lil’ Wayne’s performance at all. Also, it looked to me that he stole his wardrobe from the pigeon lady in Home Alone. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
    I think lil Wayne is the “hamburgler” you referenced.  

I wasn’t a fan of the show, but only because I don’t care for the modern incarnation of the Tabernacle Choir.
    Oh, OK. Had no idea who that was. 
    Being a grumpy old coot, I personally would much rather have seen the on field marching bands, but that is just me. 
    Starting a bitching thread.
    Sorry if I'm off base, were they singing out of tune and stuff?  That would qualify, independent of genre and my  or anyone's personal music preferences.  I'd like to hear some details. ..I might be wrong and I'd gladly apologize for jumping to conclusions. 
    Oh, nothing to apologize about. I'm just still amazed at that show, or what I saw of it. As for musical preferences, I missed the musical part, must have turned the channel too soon!
    CTMike said:
    I’m a huge Imagine Dragons fans and thought their performance was great. That said I didn’t care for Lil’ Wayne’s performance at all. Also, it looked to me that he stole his wardrobe from the pigeon lady in Home Alone. 
    That's what's referred to as a crossover special guest.  It's supposed to get people to expand their music genres and but more often than not it causes grump old coots to start crotchety old threads ;)

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,710
    Pro tip: google "Lil Wayne"
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,697
    Pigeon Lady was in Home Alone 2.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,193
    It wasn't good. I like Imagine Dragons and Lil Wayne, but they didn't sound good. Imagine Dragons sounded ok, but the vocals were off. Lil Wayne sounded bad and looked worse. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    Now I have heard Imagine Dragons is Millennial "Nickle-back", and I find that hilarious.  Maybe you're on to something....

Now I have heard Imagine Dragons is Millennial "Nickle-back", and I find that hilarious.  Maybe you're on to something....
    If that is the case no wonder so much hate. Nickelback has a ton of haters. 

If that is the case no wonder so much hate. Nickelback sucks donkey balls.
    FTFY
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

If that is the case no wonder so much hate. Nickelback sucks donkey balls.
    FTFY
    You fixed that for you! 

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,946
    I didn't even watch it 
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
    There’s a good reason that people hate Nickelback, and that’s because, objectively, Nickelback sucks.

I actually don’t think Imagine Dragons are on quite the same level.  They have managed to make some pretty popular songs while having their own unique sound.  That’s not easy to do.  A lot of it still sounds way overproduced for my taste, much like Nickelback, but ... whatever.  Really what bugs me is that I can’t help but hear the proselytizing in their lyrics.  

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 1,610
    edited January 8
    I watched about 60 seconds of Imagine Dragons and the dude was definitely singing out of tune. Not a fan of the band or their same-sounding "stadium chant / pep-rally" style hits, but at least they performed live without resorting to backing tracks and lip syncing. I'll give them that.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 

We may have a contender here....2011 Thanksgiving Half Time show with Nickleback!!!

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 14,492
    This is hands down the best halftime show ever. There will never be another one better. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

• I thought it was great.  I was able take a leisurely piss break and get some studying done.  What more can I ask for?
    Flint, Michigan
    This is hands down the best halftime show ever. There will never be another one better. 

Prince!  May he RIP.  

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 14,492

Prince!  May he RIP.  
    One of my biggest regrets was not seeing him at the Fox. Who knew it would be the last? 
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 1,610
    edited January 8
    This one gives me chills... it just gets better and better as it goes on.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 8,019
    We may have a contender here....2011 Thanksgiving Half Time show with Nickleback!!!

And introduced by Joe Buck!  Just freaking perfect.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,063

Prince!  May he RIP.  
    One of my biggest regrets was not seeing him at the Fox. Who knew it would be the last? 
    I was invited to his studio a couple times. They were always super random times and last minute. It would be something like 11-11:30pm on a Tuesday/Wednesday night. Always figured I'd catch the next one. Maybe shouldn't have waited for the next one.....
    Minnesota