Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great first day of 2019

Last minute my brother and I decided it would be a good day to hang out.  He, my SIL, nephew and a less fortunate young man whom they’ve taken in came over for the afternoon.  They live an hour away and we have decided to make a conscious effort to hang more.  

Had and to power thaw this. 

Threw it on the large around midnight and it ran a rock steady 250 for nearly 12 hrs.

Just cubed up the point and I’m thinking some of the flat will make a beef and veggie soup. 

Emergency trip to the store for greens and peas.  There’s a collard shortage in GA due to earlier hurricane, so had to settle for turnip.  (I’m not a fan of either). 

Dried black eyed peas in the pressure cooker with Tasso ham, greens with bacon, onion, garlic, Mac and cheese with cold smoked sharp cheddar and Gouda, brother brought potato salad and he made cornbread here.  Brought out the good dishes. 

The greens were damn good. Proof that with enough bacon and garlic most anything is good.  =). Also used the Thai hot sauce from @lkapigian I’m sure that helped

fun day cooking with the baby bro.  

Thanks for looking

Comments