Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe Jr. for $150

There is someone in my local area that gets kamado joes as a bonus at work (I don’t know the exact details). Last April, they sold me a jr for $150 on Facebook, and I kept it until Christmas for myself. 

I told them them if they ever get anymore, to give me a call. They called me Sunday again for another one. $150 again. Its in my shed, still in the box. I’m not sure what to do with another one but I couldn’t pass the deal up. Hopefully the next call will be for a classic or big joe  =)

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,815
    I’m not sure what to do with another one 
    Cook more food =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,815
    On a more serious note, awesome score👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,517
    Great score! My KJ Jr is my weeknight workhorse 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,059
    I don’t know sounds like it might be trouble., I would be willing to help you out and pick up next time I drive to SLC for work ;)
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    You willing to sell it and ship it? 
  • U_tarded said:
    I don’t know sounds like it might be trouble., I would be willing to help you out and pick up next time I drive to SLC for work ;)
    I figured I might get my utah people excited :). Honestly, I think it’s going to find residency at my moms or in-laws house. They both live in sugarhouse. I’d like to keep it in the car, but worry about the ceramics bumping around all the time. I don’t drive too slow..
  • g8golfer said:
    You willing to sell it and ship it? 
    Thanks for the offer, I think I’m keeping it as crazy as it sounds. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,375
    Wow!  Very nice!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Nice! I use my jr most of the time. Love it.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• This is really weird. I came across a Craigslist post from a guy who told a similar story about how he came across 3 Joe Jr's and was offered a great deal, etc. I was suspicious and it was far to drive but the cooker was legit so I bought it. Only bad news is the fire ring cracked like second day. Kamado Joe has great warranty but beware. I contacted Joe and they would not issue replacement cause I wasn't original owner. Contacted Craiglist guy and he was evasive. There's something weird going on with these Joe Jr's. But again, it's a legit product. 
  • Sorry to hear about your fire ring. Luckily they’re only $40 to replace. Or just buy another KJ Jr as a backup for $150.  =)
  • garthb4903
    garthb4903 Posts: 116
    There is someone in my local area that gets kamado joes as a bonus at work (I don’t know the exact details). Last April, they sold me a jr for $150 on Facebook, and I kept it until Christmas for myself. 

I told them them if they ever get anymore, to give me a call. They called me Sunday again for another one. $150 again. Its in my shed, still in the box. I’m not sure what to do with another one but I couldn’t pass the deal up. Hopefully the next call will be for a classic or big joe  =)
    Ok, for further research I visited my local Kamado dealer, they have the Jr. for $400.  I "liked" it a lot.  Considering instead of the MM, and wish it was for sale for $150!
    L, M, MM "These pretzels are making me thirsty"
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,195

Ok, for further research I visited my local Kamado dealer, they have the Jr. for $400.  I "liked" it a lot.  Considering instead of the MM, and wish it was for sale for $150!
    I can honestly say that I think they are about equal.  Buy the best deal/color you can find.  The KJ jr is slightly smaller than the small egg, but bigger than the mini max.  I outfitted mine with a nest from a small egg, and the reggulator for the small/mini max.  Its a great cooker, its about the same as my mini max (and my small I sold a few years ago).

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Alex, I’m going with what is red, shaped like an egg and cooks great food?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    That’s how I got my small BGE. Browsing Craigslist at the perfect time and saw it. Tried to negotiate a bit and he wouldn’t budge so I just said yes. Nice dude showed up exactly as he said. He said this was the third small he had won from a work sales contest. Can’t remember exactly what I paid but got a new in box small for way less than retail.  
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 418
    Great score!  Some of us might be a teeny-tiny bit jealous!
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    @cookingdude555 - Thanks again for taking the lead on the Junior...the small Nest and rEGGulator are awesome paired with it!

Our 'Jun' (favorite character from the Soprano's...):

Arlington, TX
  • cookingdude555
    DFW said:
    @cookingdude555 - Thanks again for taking the lead on the Junior...the small Nest and rEGGulator are awesome paired with it!

Our 'Jun' (favorite character from the Soprano's...):

Looking really good @dfw. Is that a BGE nest? Those casters looks different than mine, I think. 
  • DFW
    My wife bought it - Amazon, I think.  Probably not BGE brand.  
    Arlington, TX
  • DFW
    (She's a keeper...fully supports my Medium BGE purchase too!)
    Arlington, TX
  • cookingdude555
    @DFW, she is a keeper.  :)
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,545
    edited June 2019
    It’s my favorite cooker and it was Norah Grace’s first. These were her first ever solo no help or advise from dad on her kJ jr.  Now she has what use to be my classic as well as my xl for when she wants to cooks something big.  As you know she has surpassed my skill level so while I’m unable to lift the lids it wouldn’t make a difference anyways...she’s better than I am  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• cookingdude555
    Man she cooks a killer steak @ryantt !
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Jac0077 said:
    This is really weird. I came across a Craigslist post from a guy who told a similar story about how he came across 3 Joe Jr's and was offered a great deal, etc. I was suspicious and it was far to drive but the cooker was legit so I bought it. Only bad news is the fire ring cracked like second day. Kamado Joe has great warranty but beware. I contacted Joe and they would not issue replacement cause I wasn't original owner. Contacted Craiglist guy and he was evasive. There's something weird going on with these Joe Jr's. But again, it's a legit product. 
    How do they know you weren't the original owner? I bought mine new and have had the fire box replaced once and the fire ring replaced a different time. They asked when I bought it and I just guessed the date. Don't think they ever asked for a receipt. Just file a claim on their website and send a couple of photos. They mail the replacement part to your door. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.