Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Was I wrong.

Comments

• Dobie said:
    That’s a nice spin on it but I don’t believe it. 
    Lol. That story went around a couple months ago. #fakenews!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,411
    Dobie said:
    Having worked there, this is completely true. They are counting total items in cart to make sure it matches with the total items sold number on the receipt. 
  • dmouratidmourati Posts: 991
    Just go back to the store and fess up. Play dumb.
    Mountain View, CA
  • DobieDobie Posts: 3,082
    Dobie said:
    Having worked there, this is completely true. They are counting total items in cart to make sure it matches with the total items sold number on the receipt. 
    But that’s not for the members benefit, it’s for theirs. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 20,014
    edited December 2018
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Uhmm ... it’s to the member’s benefit if the number of items on the receipt is greater than the number actually in the cart.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • I have seen this happen at my Kroeger, but when I brought it to the clerk's attention she said "let it go". It causes more work for them to send you back to the seafood department and have them relabel the package.  Clerk said it happens a lot in her checkout line, and it actually bottlenecks the process when someone brings it to her attention and the rest of the people in line have to wait on it to be relabled.

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++Weber 26" kettle

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,411
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Wrong again.
  • DobieDobie Posts: 3,082
    For your benefit sounds better than we’re going to shake you down on the exit. 
    ROI is on the theft deterrent and shrinkage control, most folks check for overcharges themselves. 
    Love Costco BTW, thinking about getting more prime NYS today for $9.99 lb before it’s over. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • RajunCajunRajunCajun Posts: 926
    edited December 2018
    It's just karma!  Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.  You missed your chance.  Just sayin
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

• The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • True!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem.
  • Tough call for sure, you want to do the right thing but then was the guy at the counter giving you a deal?  Is it in his power to do that or does he get in trouble?

I've read numerous articles that state the receipt checkers main goal is to spot errors, not sure I totally believe that but I have read it on the internets multiple times.

I'd say enjoy new years, and maybe mention it the next time you are in to the meat guy.  Let him know to be more vigilant in the future.

• SGHSGH Posts: 27,847
    td66snrf said:
    Was I wrong for not saying anything? 
    Always let your conscious be your guide my friend. With that said, I always ask myself one simple question when it comes to moral decisions. What would Trump do? This keeps me on the straight and narrow and my moral compass pointed in the right direction. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 36,598
    SGH said:
    td66snrf said:
    Always let your conscious be your guide my friend. With that said, I always ask myself one simple question when it comes to moral decisions. What would Trump do? This keeps me on the straight and narrow and my moral compass pointed in the right direction. 

That settles it, you weren't wrong..

• EoinEoin Posts: 3,637
    SGH said:
    td66snrf said:

And even if you were wrong, it's not a crime anyway.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,348
    edited December 2018
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:
    td66snrf said:

editing so as to not challenge the buffalo.

Good day.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,234

Jacksonville FL
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,412
    In a bit of a moral dilemma here myself. Should I attach a stamp to this Christmas card envelope, tape 2 quarters, or start a post on a bbq forum??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah said:
    In a bit of a moral dilemma here myself. Should I attach a stamp to this Christmas card envelope, tape 2 quarters, or start a post on a bbq forum??
    Quarters, definitely quarters. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • SGH said:
    td66snrf said:
    Trump, the beacon of morality.

”Grab her by the p***y!”
  • Here's a question for you.  If you had a young child and he/she was faced with a moral dilemma, what would you want your child to do? Of course you already knew that.  Seems you were looking for people to justify your actions.  
  • Eoin said:
    SGH said:
    td66snrf said:

Not exactly setting the bar very high.

• "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

The other ahole

Living large in the 919

• No Captain Condescending, it did not go over my head.

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,877
    In the grand scheme I doubt this will push you more into a black hat than white hat and fwiw I don’t believe in karma I see too many bad things happen to good people, and you know the phrase “a bad weed never dies” “good guys finish last”
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GregWGregW Posts: 2,430
    I would hate to know my soul was doomed to eternal damnation due to a lack of integrity on a Costco purchase.
    Birmingham, AL
  • GregW said:
    I would hate to know my soul was doomed to eternal damnation due to a lack of integrity on a Costco purchase.
    That would seem like a rather harsh punishment.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
    Don't let anyone fool anyone about why they check the receipts at the door at Costco. Have you noticed how they mark the receipt? It is marked strictly to prevent someone going back into the store and grabbing a fresh empty buggy and loading up the exact items on the previous receipt, and then managing to slip through one of the unmanned cashier lines. If the receipt was not previously marked, the person could get out the door with the second buggy without paying.
    In a word, it's all about preventing this type of theft.
    Birmingham, AL
    GregW said:
    That would seem like a rather harsh punishment.
    Perhaps.
    Birmingham, AL