Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How much time do you spend on this forum?

Options
Just curious about various contributors’ allocations of time on the forum. 

I’m but a small fish; likely spending between one and four hours per week on here, depending on the given week. 

Am curious to know how many hours some of our heavy hitters spend on the forum (you know who you are; I won’t call you out). In part, I’m curious because you guys are the ones who keep this place afloat and share your knowledge with others; I’d love to quantify these immense contributions. 

Honesty above all all else in your responses please. 

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Full disclosure: There’s also an element of morbid curiosity. Some y’all appear to be on here 24/7.  :)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'd say between zero and 1.5 hrs a day with an occasional drunk troll session that adds an hour or more. 

I Jump on and off, hard to put a number on it.  Good thing I'm a very fast typist when I'm not on my phone. 
    Options
    1-2 hours per day, mostly digging through old threads for info.  There’s a ton of info via the search box. :)
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I'd say between zero and 1.5 hrs a day with an occasional drunk troll session that adds an hour or more. 

I Jump on and off, hard to put a number on it.  Good thing I'm a very fast typist when I'm not on my phone. 
    What I took from your response: minimum one hour a day drunk trolling.  ;);)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    1-2 hours per day, mostly digging through old threads for info.  There’s a ton of info via the search box. :)
    I can tell you use mostly the search function, as your handle rings no bells.  :)
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    30"-45" per night
    It's how I start my "happy hour"  =)
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    I can tell you use mostly the search function, as your handle rings no bells.  :)
    I plan to post more cooks from the XL I got for Christmas.  =)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @KennyCJR: Very cool. Please do post some cooks. FYI - A recent theme on this forum is that some have misgivings about the proportion of off topic or political threads relative to legitimate cooks. Sounds like you could help strike a better balance. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I work out of the house, so I leave it up and pop in and out. Not sure of total time, best not to know😎
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Back in the day (1998-2004 or so) I pretty much lived on the forum. When I came back from a backpacking trip I would go to my computer before I spent any time with my wife :) I really needed to know what was going on, and also wanted to meet a lot of the other posters in person. Still stay in touch with dozens of them. To answer your question, I probably spent 4 hours a day when I was posting heavily. Longer some days when posting things I had learned because I took a lot of time composing the messages. Business gets in the way now, but I check in almost daily. 

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I use to be on 18-20 hours a day. Now I’m on when I can be. Sometimes life just gets in the way. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Nature Boy: After a backpacking trip, I would think that time with the wife would be high on my priority list. ;)  (Sorry, it’s the Friday night influence typing.)

By all accounts I’ve seen, it would appear your investment is paying dividends in the form of your current success. I must concede that being up here in Canada, I’ve had no first hand exposure to your products, but I know they are well-likes by members and I hope to form my own impressions one day in the not-too-distant future. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    I use to be on 18-20 hours a day. Now I’m on when I can be. Sometimes life just gets in the way. 
    I anticipate your shaving fetish now absorbs the majority of your time.  :)

It’s no secret that you are a major source of content and laughs here, @SGH.

While I can’t always claim to agree with your politics, you are you, and for that, I genuinely appreciate your contributions, brother. 
  • KennyCJR
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Nature Boy: After a backpacking trip, I would think that time with the wife would be high on my priority list. ;)  (Sorry, it’s the Friday night influence typing.)

By all accounts I’ve seen, it would appear your investment is paying dividends in the form of your current success. I must concede that being up here in Canada, I’ve had no first hand exposure to your products, but I know they are well-likes by members and I hope to form my own impressions one day in the not-too-distant future. 
    I’ll be using Dizzy Dust on my ribs tomorrow.  It’s great, @Nature Boy
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    Check in multiple times per day. Just to see what’s new. More on the weekends
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Probably an hour total but not all at once. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I usually log on between 7p - 8p and have it running in the background while watching sports or whatever on TV.  There are times on the weekend (Friday) when I pay more attention and are prone to inebriated  posts which leads to awkward reads on Saturday   :blush:    

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Since I live the every day is Saturday life style I have to say that the average is 2-3 hours/day but when doing volunteer work (2 days/week), motoring/driving, or otherwise occupied (like learning how to take pics of food  ;) ) or actually prepping and cooking said groceries I am not here. If a slow day at the Red Cross (the volunteer work piece) I will check on it periodically.  FWIW- I extremely rarely check from my phone so unless at the desktop I'm not here. 
    Trying to smooth out the random checks over the course of a day leads to the above guesstimate.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Not nearly as much as some of the smartest people in the country who use their real names in screenames and give out personal information in their posts.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Too much.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    you mean some people logoff ?
    Quitters
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Too much.
    Please quantify your response.  :)

(For some, quantification by units of alcohol is acceptable/appropriate.)
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    It's always one of my open tabs while at work and I'll usually stop in 3-4 times in the evening. 

Probably a couple hours a day 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    you mean some people logoff ?
    Quitters
    nothing wrong with....oh, "log"...nevermind.
    Options
    @KennyCJR: Very cool. Please do post some cooks. FYI - A recent theme on this forum is that some have misgivings about the proportion of off topic or political threads relative to legitimate cooks. Sounds like you could help strike a better balance. 
    I plan on starting more OT threads in the new year, so we will call that a push.
    NOLA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Depends. I have stretches where I long on several (5-10) times a day and I have stretches where I won't long on for a month or so.  If I feel like there is a lot of BS going on I steer clear and once the sainity (the little bit that is here) comes back I stick around for a while. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• KennyCJR
    Options
    Best way to ruin friendship, is to talk religion and politics.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    Best way to ruin friendship, is to talk religion and politics.  
    Best way to better your own view of religion and politics is to discuss religion and politics with friends.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm on and off throughout the day.  Evenings and weekends I try to read more to keep up with the entertainment/shenanigans.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ElkhornHusker
    Options
    long enough to see what I "must have" next
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr.