Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I got the best present

After over 36 years with Long Beach school district I am retiring. Today is my last official working day, tomorrow I will  be  retired. More time to cook.
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 867
    edited December 2018
    Congrats on your retirement.  My last day is the 31st, and I too will retire after 40 years with the electric utility.  More time cooking and hitting that little white ball on the golf course!

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

• SGHSGH Posts: 26,360
    td66snrf said:
    After over 36 years with Long Beach school district I am retiring. 
    Congratulations. Question if I may. Long Beach CA or Long Beach MS?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 

Grab’em by the Pelosi !!
  • Congrats to you! Well earned time to enjoy yourself.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • Congrats. I retired earlier this year. It sure feels good. You will enjoy it.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Congrats!  I used to live in Belmont Shore and over by the pyramid.  Down in the Orange hills now.  Always nice to see fellow So Cal eggers here.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,677
    Congrats.  Should you still wear a watch you need one with the day of the week as well as date as you move into the every day is Saturday life style. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Congrats on Retirement, in a couple of weeks you will never know how you had time to go to work and keep up with the stuff you want to.
    Niceville, Fl
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,109
    Congrats on your retirement. Enjoy the next chapter.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,004
    shouldn't it be all Saturdays?

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,571

@nolaegghead I must agree with you. It'd probably be a pretty tough sell. A one handed clock with only one day of the week. 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,250
    td66snrf said:
    @SGH that would be LB, CA. I received this clock from my brother. I think it will help me adapt to retirement. 
    Love that clock!
    I've been retired for a few years and I was surprised that it didn't take long after retiring that I couldn't reliably keep track of what day it was.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • td66snrf said:

@nolaegghead I must agree with you. It'd probably be a pretty tough sell. A one handed clock with only one day of the week. 
    We still have 7 separate days. They just all feel like Saturday. However, since we sometimes have to interact with working muggles we have a need to know the actual day of the week.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Congrats on retirement! I'm envious
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,088
    We also enjoy the quiet neighborhood between 8:00am and 3:30pm. Enjoy your retirement.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,571
    Thanks everyone 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 15,268
    edited December 2018
    That’s what us working stiffs think. Retirees I know hate the weekends. The golf course is crowded (and more expensive), the lake is busy, the woods are full of people, the stores and restaurants are jam packed. 

Cheers to the next chapter in your life.