Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- which smart calendar do yall use

Options
My brain doesn't function well with I calendar or google calendar.
I need something I can actually look at as a monthly pdf type thing I can write on 

Comments

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Pick the one on your phone!
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I use Excel and download a calendar format.. edit the Excel and Save as PDF. Each change is in Excel, and I only Save to PDF to send to my customer.  I use Outlook calendar for my daily meetings, but that is for day to day stuff. The Excel stuff is for my monthly customer alignment.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Thanks @sumoconnell..I think that probably more what I'm looking for
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I print it out also, after a week or so there are lots of notes that get merged into the Excel as needed.  I like the paper copy for quick notes. I shrink it to a half sheet of paper.. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    You can print out or pdf a monthly (or weekly or whatever) calendar from Google calendar (or likely any calendar app) if you need a paper copy to occasionally write on.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Do any of the Apple products (iPhone, IPad, MacBook) calander keep old info over 2 months past? Am i not setting something?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    iCal keeps old info (I just looked at some 2011 dates to confirm).  I think there is a setting for mobile devices to not show old items in order to save memory.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• jtcBoynton
    edited December 2018
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I need something I can actually look at as a monthly pdf type thing I can write on 
    iCal has a really nice print function.  You can easily create daily/weekly/monthly/list versions in pdf format or print. Sounds like the "list" view may be best for your purposes.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,801
    Options
    I still prefer 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have been using the iPhone calander synced with my companies Exchange. Recently downloaded the Outlook app for Office 365. This may not be an option for you but love the calendar functions. Not sure this is helpful. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Do any of the Apple products (iPhone, IPad, MacBook) calander keep old info over 2 months past? Am i not setting something?
    My calendar goes back at least a couple of years and forward as far out as you provide a date (must be a limit, I’ve just not found it)
    I sync thru the cloud to keep the phone/tablet/desktop all upto date.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    You can arrange to look at day/week/month/year, whatever suits your purpose. You can also print the view as you choose. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jtcBoynton
    Options
    Mickey said:
    My calendar goes back at least a couple of years and forward as far out as you provide a date (must be a limit, I’ve just not found it)
    I sync thru the cloud to keep the phone/tablet/desktop all upto date.
    I have seen reports of people going out past year 60000. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE