Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A good day with the smoker: beef, turkey, bacon. Many pix.

Options
I fired up the smoker this morning for a day of cooking; figured I'd take some pix since there was a lot to cook.  

Costco had beef ribs, which I've never seen there before.  These got hit with some SPG and smoked at 250ish.  The pic here is what I would call "bad smoke."  About 20 minutes later it was looking, and smelling, much better.  Then the ribs went on.

These didn't take that long to cook.  Maybe 4 hrs or so.  I didn't keep good track of time and temp.  When I pulled them, they probed like butter.  IT was around 195.  Nice and tender, but not disintegrating like a pot roast.  Adjustable rig has the large oval piece on the bottom, which I lost, and was "devastated" about.  But I found it, and all is right again.  

Beef ribs are like brisket on a stick.  Lots of fun.  Nibbled on them as a snack this afternoon, and we'll eat them this week.

While those were finishing, we baked up a loaf of sourdough.  Rob the Blob never disappoints.  I make the dough, wife bakes it, TEAMWORK:

The bread was the base for dinner sandwiches.  Needed turkey, bacon, and homemade cranberry sauce.  The turkey got a glaze of butter and honey.  I put the belly in for an equilibrium cure early last week.  Wasn't sure it would be quite done yet, but what do you know, it was. 

Turkey and bacon got smoked:

Finally, everything was ready for the sandwich:

This sure hit the spot.  I hope you and your families are all having a great holiday season!
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments