Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this good stuff?

Options

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Yes.  Have a bottle in the cabinet now.  
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Yes.  Have a bottle in the cabinet now.  
    What’s it worth for a bottle?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I paid a hundy, but I live in a smallish town. I think we have 7 liquor stores total.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Not sure what it says about me that I know that.  I heard it from the owner of the one I frequent.  
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    I see your 1 and raise you 2. :) You should send it to me for safe guarding. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Some of the best. I can’t remember what I paid for the last couple bottles I bought, but it was less than a hundo. It’s high end. 65-85 maybe. I’m bad. I don’t price shop, sorry. Not many bottles of bourbon top 75 bucks. Scotch is another story. 
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    They just dropped a bottle at a local bar. Guess I need a sample
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    It's always been $72 or so here. I think the private barrel selects were a little higher. Hard to find for sure 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    It's always been $72 or so here. I think the private barrel selects were a little higher. Hard to find for sure 
    Agreed. I buy it when I see it. Regardless of my stock level. 
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Tastes very smooth.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    I paid a hundy, but I live in a smallish town in the Bible Belt. I think we have 7 liquor stores total.  
    FTFY. Liquor is pricey in the Belt. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I paid a hundy, but I live in a smallish town in the Bible Belt. I think we have 7 liquor stores total.  
    FTFY. Liquor is pricey in the Belt. 
    Depends on which deacon you buy it from. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That's one of the top-shelf bourbons that you can find more than half the time in the local stores.  Get it for around $60 /bottle tax included. 
    Edit: Clearly the forum educational side bar is working with brown water.  I believe it was single barrel bottled before that became the latest thing.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    One of my favorites so far for sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That stuff is horrible. 

Name a HD parking lot, and I’ll meet you there to take it off your hands and dispose of it properly...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    caliking said:
    That stuff is horrible. 

Name a HD parking lot, and I’ll meet you there to take it off your hands and dispose of it properly...
    Had a neat shot that I sipped. It was good. But I can’t say I would drop 12 on it again.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yes
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Was expecting the price to be much higher since liquor sales are controlled by the Virginia ABC mafia:
    Must be a decent price tho since none of my local stores have any in stock - would have to drive 87 miles to the closest store with any.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    That stuff is horrible. 

Had a neat shot that I sipped. It was good. But I can’t say I would drop 12 on it again.
    Ballsy move to buy w/o any prior knowledge/recommendations especially at that price point.  Just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Hard to find in the ATL, but goes for around $65 when they have it, my boss loves it, couldn't find any around Christmas last year, may get lucky this year and find on to give him.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    That stuff is horrible. 

Ballsy move to buy w/o any prior knowledge/recommendations especially at that price point.  Just an opinion...
    Buying a taste at $12 is a small investment compared to buying a bottle. I like Bourbon but I’m far from a purist and like most drinks with Coke. Yes, I know, idiot move, but I’m normally a simple rum an Coke guy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Somehow with the pic of that bottle in your hand I thought you had picked up one.  So much for my thoughts.  I'm not one to comment on how someone enjoys their life-if it works for you then have at it. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    It's good stuff.

I had some 25 year old port cask finish glen moray scotch last weekend. My brother has it. Was legit. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    That stuff is horrible. 

I thought you had a bottle to enjoy as well. I wouldn't spend the $12/shot either. Beer or Jameson are my safe bets.

Ironically, IIRC I was sharing a bottle of the same at the Salado after-party where you were eyeballs deep in jello shots :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Somehow with the pic of that bottle in your hand I thought you had picked up one.  So much for my thoughts.  I'm not one to comment on how someone enjoys their life-if it works for you then have at it. 
    I agree. And pleasures and prices are all relevant. I like to get my drink on but I can’t justify high dollar bottles but I’m game to try a shot to test the waters of the rich and famous.
    Might have been better on the rocks. I just don’t know. The bar owner was just raving about scoring this bottle. I had the first hit. Was a cool looking bottle. I know there are some bourbon experts here that would chime in. All good.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    caliking said:
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    That stuff is horrible. 

I thought you had a bottle to enjoy as well. I wouldn't spend the $12/shot either. Beer or Jameson are my safe bets.

Ironically, IIRC I was sharing a bottle of the same at the Salado after-party where you were eyeballs deep in jello shots :smiley:
    Your memory of my 50th in Salado and the Jell-O shots was a high light of my life.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Keep the tops.
    NOLA
  • BobDanger
    Options
    My guess is no one will use it to cure there salmon prior to cold smoking.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That's what I use for cooking...only drink the good stuff. 

I am lying. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lentsboy007
    Options
    My best man got me a bottle and gave it to me at the wedding . He and the other groomsmen broke it open while my wife and I were taking some pics before the reception.  I ended up getting about a swallows worth that’s it . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??