Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - My wife is amazing

She is so in many ways, but when we came home tonight, she had a surprise.....

After having kept an eye out for commercially available beer calendars (which she has bought me in previous years) without any success, she went to the store and painstakingly selected 23 large cans of beer and 1 exceptional, large bottle of chocolate milk stout before numbering them, resulting in a most excellent craft beer advent calendar. She wrapped them up with my daughter and gave them to me upon our return home from work. 

I am a very fortunate man. 

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,432
    That’s awesome brother👍
    Only thing is, now you got to get her something ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,256
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score but as noted by @SGH the return serve has to be elevated by several orders of magnitude.  ;)
    Have fun with that.  =)
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • #winning

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DobieDobie Posts: 2,614
    Ok you win  :|
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • JstrokeJstroke Posts: 1,949
    It’s great she went to all the effort to pick them out and number them. With a big one for Christmas Eve. You want to have fun, put a calendar together that she opens with a Honey-do list item accomplished every day and Christmas Eve will be extra-special
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,186
    Wow. Jealous. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,544
    Jeremiah said:
    Wow. Jealous. 
    Of what?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,010
    You are a lucky man
    Phoenix 
  • chzplzchzplz Posts: 37
    Hey, I recognize most of these!  Where in Ontario are you, and is your wife single?  :)
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 7,019
    Maybe you can buy one of those for her. Be sure and pick beers you know she would not like, but that would fit perfectly with your beer palate?????
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • She sure is!  ;)

Sorry for the joke, but the thread title made for a hanging curveball.  Nice haul!
    Flint, Michigan
  • BGEChicagoBGEChicago Posts: 197
    Ugh, you lucky basterd, I cook all the meals and do the shopping... to top it off my wife is greek, so much for them loving to cook....
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal
  • chzplz said:
    Hey, I recognize most of these!  Where in Ontario are you, and is your wife single?  :)
    Lol.

The Ottawa area. Yourself?
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 896
    Maybe this isn’t what it appears to be?  She may be limiting you to one beer a day in a nice way?  Either way, it’s a really nice gesture, now go and top it for her if you can 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • GlennM said:
    Maybe this isn’t what it appears to be?  She may be limiting you to one beer a day in a nice way?  Either way, it’s a really nice gesture, now go and top it for her if you can 
    No, no. These are just supplemental. At least that's the way I choose to see them. 
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 896
    Hope your right on that one   Canada (I’m from Cambridge) has great craft beer!  I’m in Florida right now and they kill us with wine selection and prices
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • ^^^^^^^ @Great_EGGspectations how much is a six pack of craft beer up there? I pay usually $10 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,088
    Very nice!  My wife picked up one of the commercial ones for me, but yours is special for sure!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• While I can make no claims to being the world’s best husband, I will say that for those of you suggesting I do some things around the house, I’ll mention that these are things I already routinely do. Potentially why my wife does such things for me. 

Not to get all sappy and whatnot, but we try to love one another - love being a verb and not only an emotion. 
  • GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 2,365
    edited December 1
    ^^^^^^^ @Great_EGGspectations how much is a six pack of craft beer up there? I pay usually $10 
    I think each 473ml can was between about $3.50 and $4.00 CAD. The bottle was much more. 
  • Very nice!  My wife picked up one of the commercial ones for me, but yours is special for sure!
    Nothing wrong with the commercial ones at all. As I say, this is what my wife had originally been after!

Show us a pic!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,088
    Very nice!  My wife picked up one of the commercial ones for me, but yours is special for sure!
    Nothing wrong with the commercial ones at all. As I say, this is what my wife had originally been after!

Show us a pic!
    I posted two in the “What are you doing now” thread.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• BGEChicagoBGEChicago Posts: 197
    She is so in many ways, but when we came home tonight, she had a surprise.....

After having kept an eye out for commercially available beer calendars (which she has bought me in previous years) without any success, she went to the store and painstakingly selected 23 large cans of beer and 1 exceptional, large bottle of chocolate milk stout before numbering them, resulting in a most excellent craft beer advent calendar. She wrapped them up with my daughter and gave them to me upon our return home from work. 

I am a very fortunate man. 
    You are indeed a lucky man. My wife gives me gifts all the.. The American Express bill, the Visa bill... well you see where this is going...
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 2,236
    Oh MAMA!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• I recognize wood house, collective arts no 7 and juicy ass (yellow). Nice treats, lucky indeed 
    Large BGE 2013, Minimax 2018 
    Cedar table
    Burlington, Ontario 

• Missed that one in there. That’s great too. Of the ones I recognize wood house makes the most repeat visits to my fridge. What have you liked / not liked so far?
    Large BGE 2013, Minimax 2018 
    Cedar table
    Burlington, Ontario 

• Missed that one in there. That’s great too. Of the ones I recognize wood house makes the most repeat visits to my fridge. What have you liked / not liked so far?
    It’s fair to say that I am into beer, so in truth, I’ve already had most of these. I’ve liked IPAs for years and years and my wife knows this, so they feature heavily in the mix. Yesterday’s amber lager was not exactly in my wheelhouse. Reds, browns and ambers are not really my thing. This being said, I’ll drink anything with bubbles. 

I think that Muskoka’s IPAs, including Mad Tom and especially, Twice As Mad Tom, are phenomenal specimens. I believe the latter may recently have been discontinued. At least that is what I have heard. A shame, as it was a great DIPA. 

Today’s Nickel Brook was awesome. Really fruity and tropical. 

What have you been drinking recently, and what would you recommend?