Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OH

Options
13»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    It’s interesting. I moved to Columbus from Maine and had no idea what kind of situation this was. Being from a very small town with little or no connection to any serious college sports except hockey I didn’t realize that OSU literally called all the shots and essentially is the controlling interest for Columbus. In my first year I would say things like “I could care less who wins”. WOW—you talk about strange looks. People would literally distance themselves physically, less what I was afflicted with was catching. The OSU machine is serious business and any threat to it is stomped on very quickly. After 16 years I cheer and smile and have learned to take pride in the hometown team. However I am still not from Columbus OH. I am from Maine, and am simply living here until further notice.
    I feel bad for you if you can still “take pride in the hometown team”. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    It’s interesting. I moved to Columbus from Maine and had no idea what kind of situation this was. Being from a very small town with little or no connection to any serious college sports except hockey I didn’t realize that OSU literally called all the shots and essentially is the controlling interest for Columbus. In my first year I would say things like “I could care less who wins”. WOW—you talk about strange looks. People would literally distance themselves physically, less what I was afflicted with was catching. The OSU machine is serious business and any threat to it is stomped on very quickly. After 16 years I cheer and smile and have learned to take pride in the hometown team. However I am still not from Columbus OH. I am from Maine, and am simply living here until further notice.
    My brother lives outside Columbus and knew he was finally a true Buckeye when after a national championship win he was overcome
    with the urge to flip a squad car and light it ablaze. 😜
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    It’s healthier 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    Options
    @Jstroke They all cared that you cared  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Nice avatar Mr. Maine
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Not a great couple of years for the big 10/11.
    Penn State
    Michigan State
    Indiana
    Ohio State
    All dealing with abuse and cover up.

Only one kept his job. Lest we forget,  he hired two others from the schools listed above, involved in the offenses, or had knowledge and tried to cover it up, that would be none other than:
    Urban Meyer.

I found it funny, during the college conference realignment, the Chancellor at Ohio State, said "Schools, such as the University of Louisville, would never be allowed into the Big 10, due to their lack of academic standards, and morality regarding athletics." 

Maybe he should have read Urban's contract, because the requirements for academics is one of the final paragraphs, just above the requirements for moral leadership.....

You can't make this stuff up.

If you get the chance, check out the video, shot in secret, by players on his OSU team, of the abuse he subjects his student athletes to.

Check out the arrest records for players at both OSU and Florida, and see how many were not kicked off the teams.

But, hey, great win over Michigan.

Sorry for you, Mrs. Smith.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio