Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Trying to survive another wedding

Options

The drinks help
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I like anyone who travels with their own booze.
    Mountain View, CA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Cool, I'm at my nieces myself, her dog was the ring bearer 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cool, I'm at my nieces myself, her dog was the ring bearer 

That’s funny...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    dmourati said:
    I like anyone who travels with their own booze.
    Did not find out it was BYOB until we were headed to the wedding. But it’s Texas so 10 liquor stores on the way. lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Is the venue hosting any other weddings? You can slip into another wedding party if the one your at is boring. The last time I tried that I just plain told the bartender I didn't know anyone. He just kept handing me beers. You just pretend you know the bride or groom. My other friend showed up as well. Eventually they called our bluff and we went back to our wedding down the hall. Definitely made it interesting and a little more fun. I'm not condoning this behavior though! ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Is the venue hosting any other weddings? You can slip into another wedding party if the one your at is boring. The last time I tried that I just plain told the bartender I didn't know anyone. He just kept handing me beers. You just pretend you know the bride or groom. My other friend showed up as well. Eventually they called our bluff and we went back to our wedding down the hall. Definitely made it interesting and a little more fun. I'm not condoning this behavior though! ;)
    “Wedding Crashers” one of my favorite movies!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:
    “Wedding Crashers” one of my favorite movies!
    Great movie. I've only done it twice. The first time was a wedding reception that was connected to the local Legion bar. My coworker and I signed the wedding book with a couple fake names and said we were from France. (I hope they enjoyed the humor) We went in and did the fake wave like we knew people across the other side of the room. Chugged a quick beer and walked out. The other time was mentioned above. Pretty harmless but far from being professional. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    ...it was BYOB...

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    ...it was BYOB...

I have to admit, it put a smile on my face.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Photo Egg said:
    ...it was BYOB...

I have to admit, it put a smile on my face.
    I had only two requirements for our wedding: top shelf liquor and a sit down meal. The wifey picked out everything else. 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I did something similar in Iowa, crashed a high school reunion. Nametags on a table at door in a ballroom of large hotel. Just slapped one on and had a few drinks. No one caught on. 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    WeberWho said:
    I did something similar in Iowa, crashed a high school reunion. Nametags on a table at door in a ballroom of large hotel. Just slapped one on and had a few drinks. No one caught on. 

“Gross Pointe Blank”...another great movie with great soundtrack.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Who does she she think she is, wearing white on the bride’s big day? Mother of the groom?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great game plan.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

Who does she she think she is, wearing white on the bride’s big day? Mother of the groom?
    Major faux pax right there. 
    Unless she had her game on and she was an ex-girlfriend of his. But even then......

We were at this one Friday night. Small - 70 people, fantastic and a tear jerker of relationship story of them to get to the wedding, a top shelf open bar, fantastic food and a killer 10 piece band. 
    This one was a true love story and celebration of a marriage.  We loved every moment of it. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    I was a weekend musician for most of my adult life, and weddings are one thing I don't miss (although a couple we've done for "friends of the band" were kinda cool).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Botch said:
    I was a weekend musician for most of my adult life, and weddings are one thing I don't miss (although a couple we've done for "friends of the band" were kinda cool).  
    Here’s some footage of Botch from 2003: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j2njjTh-nVA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    seems i did all the weddings the first time, now its divorce and do overs. like im going to go twice =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • rtgurley
    Options

Somebody advised my mom to "wear beige and shut up"
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas