Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Lottery dreaming...

Options
Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
Sitting at work dreaming of winning. 
After getting a lawyer, and setting up trusts for those we really care about, the first purchase would be our next door neighbors house. We would buy them out and clean the place up. Can’t stand them.
Then a new truck, redo the bathrooms, and a few small projects around the house. Of course there would be an immediate trip or two.
That is about it. I am happy with what I have. It would just be nice not to have to work to keep it all. 

What would I do with my time? Charity and volunteer work. I would love to make people in desperate need so happy (somehow) that  whatever I could do for them makes them so happy that it makes them cry. To be able to do that on a weekly basis would be awesome to do. 
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    buy a pair of darn tough socks and when they wear out, send them back under warranty
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Depends on the payout, 2M and under I stay put and work PT. Some crazy 10M pot and I move and change my identity  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    10 golden tickets distributed in RW bags, they come visit behind the scenes, then one sucker gets stuck with the business!  I'll be off on my yacht laughing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39YdC-y6QIw
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Take the cash option, then I just stop showing up for work immediately. They will get the picture eventually. I hire a tax attorney tomorrow, create several trusts, then start making my plans for what I am going to do with the 20M I take out in cash. The rest goes into my portfolio. I like the idea of having a 600 Million Dollar balanced portfolio earning 8% annual growth. So in about 10 years I am officially a billionaire still living off my original 20M cash out. Does anyone know how much a fully functioning Iron Man Suit of Armor would run me?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    G5.  And hire a full time pilot.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Quit living like Joe Dirt.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Two Words: Netjets.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think you would need to commit to hiding your windfall from @20stone and his band of merry men,

or

just plan to buy cheese caves, vineyards, land for free range heritage pork, acorns, truffles, wagyu cows, etc.

It could be fun.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    G5.  And hire a full time pilot.
    Go be poor somewhere else.....

G650, BBJ, Global Express, 8X, etc.  G5's are for wannabe's.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If I win, I’m going to Paul Allen’s estate sale. Might come home with a yacht.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My parents neighbor/sisters best friend family won the lottery. I think it was around 185 million. 

They ended up getting divorced within 6 months of winning it. He bought a Corvette and a house on a nice lake here in MN. She stayed in the same house for 6-8 years and updated. Eventually sold the house and bought a nice house on a lake in northern Minnesota. She also has a condo in Hawaii. I never went on a senior trip when in high school. My sister went to Hawaii three times. Lucky! Sisters best friend didn't change at all. Most people had no clue her family won the lottery. Which is cool
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Drive around in a new Rolls Whip and offer random people Grey Poupon 😂😂😂
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I would buy a large and tell CGS one of everything. Then I would be responsible, set up reasonable trusts for the parents, sisters, nieces, nephews, and grandnephews. A couple of million broadly invested each, access to the yield only. Tell them that’s the sum of your inheritance, take it or leave it. Buy a vacation house in the mountains. Bulldoze down the current house and have my cousin design one like the one he designed in Mexico Beach. Set up a trust for myself using about twenty million. Start setting up carefully constructed scholarships with a good bit. Hire the worlds best tax attorney.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    i would buy the company i work for, clean out the people i dont want make it profitable and sell it just for fun.  get a nice house for the kids to grow up in and sit back and watch it grow in a good portfolio.  probably alot of traveling with operation bbq relief since i would finally have time.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Two Words: Net jets.
    FTFY
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    thetrim said:
    dmchicago said:
    Two Words: Net jets.
    FTFY
    I’m rich AF. I can make up my own grammar. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    Options
    It would make figuring out how to pay for my daughter's college education a hell of a lot easier.
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I would give every one of my employees a Mil, then leave the business to my 3 most loyal. Buddy, Debbie and Kim.  After that I'd buy a prevost and a stacker trailer and ride around looking for amazing people that are in normal jobs and help them start the company they have always dreamed about.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My parents neighbor/sisters best friend family won the lottery. I think it was around 185 million.....
    Sisters best friend didn't change at all. Most people had no clue her family won the lottery. Which is cool
    @WeberWho
    Ever think of making a move on that? I have to admit, I would have back then.....
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I would give every one of my employees a Mil, then leave the business to my 3 most loyal. Buddy, Debbie and Kim.  After that I'd buy a prevost and a stacker trailer and ride around looking for amazing people that are in normal jobs and help them start the company they have always dreamed about.

This Guy..... Always thinking about other people.  
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

I want to restore classic race cars, if you make it to SC with that attitude. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    My son and I discussed this a few years ago, told him I would call him collect from somewhere over seas.
    He was not amused.
    i would set up trusts for my kids and Gbaby. Then buy a large plot of land and set up a working farm/ranch.
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time...
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    My dream is to be handed that challenge to deal with.  After that, I'm sure it will all come together.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Great movie 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I started to post that earlier but wanted to see who would be the first to think like I do...... @oldgeezeystax and @YEMTrey - yall have warped minds!!  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA