Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

why do i like this stuff

Options
everything about it is wrong =)

Image result for wendys chili seasoning

couldnt stand waiting for the weekend to make chili, so wendys it was. large chili with cheese and that incredible colorless hot sauce. 5 packages was just about right

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    everything about it is wrong =)

Image result for wendys chili seasoning

couldnt stand waiting for the weekend to make chili, so wendys it was. large chili with cheese and that incredible colorless hot sauce. 5 packages was just about right

You're a brave man Fish.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    I didn't notice the cracker @ first, I thought it was a Bulk Package @ First and though "Man o Man "
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I add one or two to my Wendy's chili as well. It ain't wrong, its just temporary. No intervention required in my book.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beats me, bud. I don't even know were my nearest Wendy's IS. I know there are none in my town. Don't think I've eaten there since I last worked in downtown Hartford - and that was in 1982! ISTR their burgers weren't bad (for fast food) and that their fries were actually pretty good... it's been a LONG time though! But I'm certain I never ate their chili!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The true test of that sauce is not how it feels upon entry but how it feels upon exit.  Good luck to you.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    Options
    The true test of that sauce is not how it feels upon entry but how it feels upon exit.  Good luck to you.  
    My VP and I had a scotch bonnet eating contest a couple years ago.  I wished for a seat belt on the toilet the next day.  Worst feeling ever!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Beats me, bud. I don't even know were my nearest Wendy's IS. I know there are none in my town. Don't think I've eaten there since I last worked in downtown Hartford - and that was in 1982! ISTR their burgers weren't bad (for fast food) and that their fries were actually pretty good... it's been a LONG time though! But I'm certain I never ate their chili!
    only 2 things i eat at wendys, the chili and the cod fillet sandwiches. the burgers went down hill years ago
    fukahwee maine

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    The secret to Wendy’s chilli is that they used the over cooked burgers to make it.  Just thought everyone would want to know.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I dont mind wendys chili, its not bad.  The sauce packets help a lot too.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    im not sure theres even hot peppers in the sauce, only thing close is extracts of paprika listed =) and natural flavors and its at the end of the ingredient list ;)  what could go wrong =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    im not sure theres even hot peppers in the sauce, only thing close is extracts of paprika listed =) and natural flavors and its at the end of the ingredient list ;)  what could go wrong 
    A lot.  A lot of things.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    Options
    im not sure theres even hot peppers in the sauce, only thing close is extracts of paprika listed =) and natural flavors and its at the end of the ingredient list ;)  what could go wrong =)
    A blown o-ring.......for starters.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfRZktrIlo
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    If I remember correctly the last time I had that sauce pack it reminded me of Texas Pete. Anyone else?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Isn't that the stuff made from bovine seminal fluid and paprika extract?
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfRZktrIlo
    Still the funniest video ever made!

I have to have a bowl of Wendy's chili, maybe once a month or so.  My local spot seems to continually under-cook the beans, they're almost tough; this does result in excess gas production, however, which is a lot of fun as I work in a cubicle farm.  Cropdusting for the Win!!

Is chili keto-friendly?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Whatever the change they did to their burgers(Dave's double, etc) a few years ago was a major improvement. I used to only get the spicy chicken sandwich but will partake in their burgers if I want a fast food one. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    so today was a baked potato with bacon and cheese with a small chili dumped over it, 5 more packages that chili sauce =)  still waiting for the promised outcome
    fukahwee maine

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Don't you fret, 100% chance that an assplosion will occur soon. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    so today was a baked potato with bacon and cheese with a small chili dumped over it, 5 more packages that chili sauce =)  still waiting for the promised outcome
    Image result for rocket butt meme gif
    Options
    Image result for rocket butt meme gif
    Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I really, really like Wendy's little gold packets of Chili sauce. Their chili is made from the patties that were dropped on the floor. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I’m not trying Wendy’s chili again, until they bring it back with extra finger :smiley: 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Fish, I just happened on this copycat recipe. Very quick in the IP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZWJTNZjtJ4

And here's a Wendy's hot chili seasoning recipe (don't know why the URL says benihana, it's not)...
    https://topsecretrecipes.com/benihana-hibachi-chicken-and-steak-copycat-recipe.html
    You said it was colorless, but I don't see how this could be. The only recipe I've tried from topsecret is for KFC coleslaw. That one is spot on! Maybe this is too.

I'm sure there are plenty more out there - or you can just keep buying the real deal. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    Options
    Fish, I just happened on this copycat recipe. Very quick in the IP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZWJTNZjtJ4

And here's a Wendy's hot chili seasoning recipe (don't know why the URL says benihana, it's not)...
    https://topsecretrecipes.com/benihana-hibachi-chicken-and-steak-copycat-recipe.html
    You said it was colorless, but I don't see how this could be. The only recipe I've tried from topsecret is for KFC coleslaw. That one is spot on! Maybe this is too.

I'm sure there are plenty more out there - or you can just keep buying the real deal. =)
    colorless may be an exaggeration, its looks more like watered down vaseline =)=)=)  i usually make chili hot enough that a pepper sauce is not needed
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    fishlessman said: i usually make chili hot enough that a pepper sauce is not needed
    If you're looking for a new chili recipe Fish check out MN A$$ Blaster Chili. I don't usually have brisket on hand so I substitute it out for smoked pulled chicken. I'll usually add an extra habanero or two and extra jalapeños. The stuff is legit. Hot but full of flavor. The pineapple gives it a nice sweet with the heat. 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177085/minnesota-ass-blaster-brisket-chili-recipe
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota