Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Your Favorite Hot Sauce?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Acn said:

I hadn’t seen that yet, definitely need to give it a try.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Acn said:

@Acn, are you familiar with the Italian version of La Bomba (available in Toronto, but not the US)? If so, how does it compare? If this stuff is similar to the real thing, I'm headed for TJ's! Thanks!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:

@Acn, are you familiar with the Italian version of La Bomba (available in Toronto, but not the US)? If so, how does it compare? If this stuff is similar to the real thing, I'm headed for TJ's! Thanks!
    @carolina q - I don’t know how it compares, I’m not familiar with the other one beyond the legends on here

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @Acn, ok, thanks. I'll grab a bottle and try it. Been a while since I had the real thing... Hope I'll recognize it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• builderdawg
    Options
    Texas Pete, Louisiana hot sauce, and chipotle Tabasco are the 3 I use regularly.
    I second the Tabasco Chipotle. Not a big fan of the original, but the Chipotle version is good.

Wish stores around here carried this kind of stuff. We have a VERY limited selection of hot sauces, not to mention the peppers themselves! All I ever see are jalapeños, habaneros and poblanos. And dried chilies? Forget it!
    I'm a big fan of the Tabasco green sauce.  I go through a bottle a month.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Botch said:

I'd try it 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    builderdawg said:
    I'm a big fan of the Tabasco green sauce.  I go through a bottle a month.
    The original Tabasco was my go-to since forever.  I bought the Green when it first came out, tried it as a replacement, and it didn't work, for anything I liked the original on.
    Then, finally, I tried the Green, on beans.  SCORE!!  (I never liked the original on beans)  It's not a replacement, it's an alternative. Athough, I've never found anything else I like the Green on, but I eat a lot of beans, so...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

Tabasco Family Reserve for flavor and Tabasco Scorpion for heat
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SGH said:
    Like most people in my neck of the woods, we used Tabasco, Crystal, Louisiana, Texas Pete and Franks for decades. Then I tried this while working south of the border. 

It is certainly not one of the “hottest” hot sauces out there if that is what you are looking for, but more often than not I do not want extreme heat. This one just tastes great. I do not even bother with the other 5 I mentioned now that I have discovered this stuff. 

Scottie, how is this on anus and balls?  Is one better than the other?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    thetrim said:
    It compliments anus stew immensely. I have yet to try it on testicles. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    It compliments anus stew immensely. I have yet to try it on testicles. 
    Scottie and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but on this we are simpatico.

And I will add, if I were to eat balls (and the only way I would is if Scottie cooked them), they would be topped with Valentina's.
    NOLA
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Valentinas is good poured in a cheap beer

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I just finished my bottle of Jamaican Jerk hot sauce I picked up last month on clearance. Pretty tasty. Definitely has a bite. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota